Call Recordings: automatically forward to email

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How can RingCentral's Zapier integration help you?

It would be great if recorded calls could be automatically emailed. We would like our sales manager to review all calls by sales trainees and emailing the recorded calls as soon as the call is over would help instead of having to manually download the recordings. 

I understand that email attachment size could be a problem, but if the size of the recording is say over 10 - 15 MB, maybe instead of attaching the recorded call, you could include a link to listen to the recording. 
Photo of Neeraj Kamdar

Neeraj Kamdar

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kristine Heiman

Kristine Heiman

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would like that also!  I wish we could upload a video conference to youtube or something else also.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It is possible for them to email you a link to where the recording is stored but they haven't programmed it yet. That way you don't have to worry about large files being transferred around. They already store the data. Its just a matter of emailing the link. I use another service to handle that and every conversation is emailed to me and I can click the link to listen or click the Link below to sent to a blacklist if its a sales or dialer call.
Photo of Neeraj Kamdar

Neeraj Kamdar

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mark,

Is is possible to setup an automatic email once a call is over to email the link to the recording to a predesignated email? I know we can do it manually, but its too much of a hassle to do it like that. Which is the other service you use to handle that?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Photo of Mark

Mark

Yes, I have all the recording links going to a specific email then you can add multiple email addresses to forward to. I have rules setup so all emailed recordings go into a separate folder so I can spot check them when I need. Twilio is the service I use for features that ringcentral doesn't offer.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mark,  Thanks for sharing your work-around. I think email forwarding is the best option at this time. If everyone can click the "like" button above to show support for this feature it might help it get implemented if there's enough support. 
Photo of Matt Hill

Matt Hill

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mark, I wonder if you could shed a little light on how to actually set this up.  Where do you get the call recording links from?
Many thanks
Photo of Mark

Mark

I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't be able to give you the details on the setup but you could give Twilio a call and they should be able to give you the details on the configurations. Like Mike said above, it would be great for Ringcentral to offer this as part of their service. I think they don't have the email out feature because that would result in sending so many Terabytes of voice recordings to all of their clients everyday. If they could just send us the links to the recordings it would be so much easier. Maybe there's some legality or privacy issues. Even if Ringcentral was able to email us all the recordings I wouldn't want to activate that just because the massive amount of voice recorded data that would be pouring into my email. 
Photo of Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are also in need of this feature for our office.I have 60 sales agents and we use call recording to track how we acquired customers. If a link could be emailed with the call recording and other basic information like the phone number, caller ID and number dialed, we could hire a programmer to parse the data and automate the record keeping. As of right now, it is very time consuming using the Call Log to review the recordings and manually input data to our CRM.
Photo of Mark

Mark

We have been able to customize our CRM so that all call recording links show up on the leads in the notes section for admin users. We have a Call Log tab in our CRM that shows numbers the customers called in from and the numbers they dialed to reach us, call duration, call recording link and status of call. Its definitely programmable. My programmer was able to get it setup.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,030 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Could you share the name of your CRM package ?
Photo of Mark

Mark

It was custom built for me from scratch. Sorry.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,030 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Wow! kudos to the programmer!!!
Photo of Mark

Mark

I think that's the hard part. Finding a good affordable programmer.
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled On Demand Recorded Call.

When will RC be able to forward "on demand recorded calls" to my message inbox on desktop or mobile app, instead of making me log into my account as the only way to retrieve them? 
Other services have this feature already and it is a quick, convenient and useful tool.

Photo of Bobby9143

Bobby9143

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Records: Request recordings get sent to email.

I would like for phone app and desktop app call recordings to get emailed to me.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Please LIKE this topic in the upper right corner if you'd like to see this feature added. 
Photo of Matt Heap

Matt Heap

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Call Recordings: schedule daily reports to be received via email (e.g. call recor....

I need to upload all previous days calls to our partners portal daily, it would therefore be helpful if you had a feature where users could 'schedule reports', e.g. a call recording report, which is emailed out daily, at a specified time, rather than forcing users to run them manually every day.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please VOTE in the upper right corner to request this app
(Edited)
Photo of Rei Tan

Rei Tan

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled automatic email of call recording.

automatic email of call recording
Photo of Perez & Perez

Perez & Perez

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes!   This could be accomplished the same way as new voicemails are sent to your email.   Under "Notificiations" you could request an email every time you have a new call recording.  This would be very helpful for us rather than having to log in to download the call recordings.
Photo of Donna Yother

Donna Yother

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Update to system- The ability to send the recorded call via email to the user wit....

Enhancement- The ability to send the recorded call via email to the user within the online account-send to option.
I love the idea of sending recordings to email, however you may need to manually download and organize them which is time consuming.

The RingRecording app solves this problem in an elegant way, now you can instantly listen to the recordings anytime and anywhere!

Key benefit
  • Connect with your RingCentral account seamlessly
  • Access all call recordings at your fingertips
  • Play back any call recordings on demand
  • Search what you need instantly
  • Use both in your iPhone and iPad
  • Free
Download it from link https://itunes.apple.com/app/ringcentral/id1090317287?mt=8 or search “RingRecording” in AppStore.
Photo of Robert Del Bueno

Robert Del Bueno

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Any further progress on this? The RingRecording app is nice, but still can't email the recording or a link to it.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Sorry Robert there's no ETA if, or when this will happen. However, there is a fairly new integration with Zapier that might help you out.  Visit: How can RingCentral's Zapier integration help you?  

Or

• Save RingCentral call recordings to Google Drive: Use this Zap
  • Send RingCentral call recordings via email: Use this Zap
  • Send email via Gmail for new RingCentral call recordings: Use this Zap
Or 

https://zapier.com/zapbook/ringcentral/
Photo of Robert Del Bueno

Robert Del Bueno

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Perfect. Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of Zapier.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Happy to help!  If you come up with anything new that you use Zapier for please let us know on the related thread: How can RingCentral's Zapier integration help you?  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.