Enable n11 Calls (311)

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Allow users to make 311 calls.  In most cities and municipalities this is the only way to get in touch with the different agencies that are available to the public.  This is huge in New York City, where we are located:

http://www1.nyc.gov/311/index.page
Photo of E. Pena

E. Pena

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of cevans

cevans, Champion

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
VOTE and Follow this topic to increase the odds of RingCentral adding this feature (they often look to engineer the most popular "Idea" posts first).

The only N11 numbers that work on our Ring Central phones are 911 and 411. Other local (state / area code specific) features like 311 and 811 don't work.

It's best not to use 411 since it incurs a $25.00 charge on our account - the actual cost is $1 per call, but RingCentral charges this like an overage penalty or an international call in a lump sum of $20 (+ $4.95 taxes / processing fees).

I added a suggestion like this in January of 2015 and it's been merged into this one, since it was redundant.

We use 811 a lot, and we can call around, but it's annoying. Even if the account administrator had to set up which N11 area to be in, it would be an important feature.
(Edited)
Photo of Greta Anderson

Greta Anderson

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please enable 311.

Please enable 311 calls.
(Edited)
Photo of Ronda

Ronda

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello all,
I was just told that this needs more "Likes" for the crew to get on it faster....so if you know anyone...please ask them to like this conversation. Also, I was just told that this was first asked about in 2014...2 years in the making :(
Photo of Doug Casey

Doug Casey

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It just seems strange to me that customers that would like change and improvements need to crowd source for people with problems with the system to get changes made.
Photo of Dan Sanguinetti

Dan Sanguinetti

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add support for all N11 numbers.

My clients use 211, 311 and 411 for their services. Right now only 411 is supported. We really need to have 211 and 311 supported in the Ring Central phone system to allow us to service clients. If this cannot be done we need to know, and the N11 numbers should be allowed as extensions so we can forward calls directed to N11 numbers off to the full 10 digit numbers they correspond to. Thank you.
Photo of Samuel Chou

Samuel Chou

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are a construction company spanning multiple states, and use 811 to call for locates on dig sites. I think it's very foolish to restrict usage of n11 numbers to an extension, and yet still not have them be used in their intended function.