enable android app as a phone application for different apps

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

In an android when selecting a phone number from different applications, the ringcentral app does not show as an option.  Can you please enable that.

I called support and apparently this function was available on version 6.5  I was given instruction on how to downgrade.  But why would anyone want to go backwards.

Can you please add this feature.

thanks

Photo of Jorge Rojas

Jorge Rojas, Champion

• 472 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 95,050 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure how/why this changed, but yes, it would be nice if would give the option to dial with the RC app again.  

Thanks
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 95,050 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jorge,  I got some information back from our Product Team and was informed that this is actually a but in Android OS 4.4+ where the OS doesn't remember the users chose when they select "always".  Rolling back the app to an older version will not fix the issue. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.