Can you enable the entry/exit chime, globally for RingCentral Meetings?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
In response to CofoMan on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/CofoMan/status/940703874234703872@RingCentral Can you enable a chime, globally across our install, when someone joins or leaves a call? We just integrated your services at our firm and we can't find the setting. As a client-service focused company, this is critical. Please advise at soonest!
Photo of HootSuite App

HootSuite App

• 4,562 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,620 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Colin,

Could you provide more information regarding which product you are looking for this to occur on?RingCentral Meetings, RingCentral Conferencing, etc.?
Photo of Colin Foster

Colin Foster

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
RC meetings, i believe.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No,  Sorry, there's not a global setting that changes it for everyone.  It can only be done at the user level.  

This articles shows the steps if it helps. RingCentral Meetings: Using the Host and Participant Controls in the Meetings Mobile App
Photo of Colin Foster

Colin Foster

A big shame. I usually don’t have time to start a meeting before everyone gets there so I can enable the chime on/off. Without the chimes there’s less overall transparency and more overall risk. Is this on the change request list? And if so, what is the timeline?
Photo of Chris Stoecker

Chris Stoecker, Employee

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Colin, the capability to set entry/exit chime to be the default for RC meetings is available on a per-user basis with RingCentral's latest update which is rolling out. https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/documents/release_notes_us_ca.pdf 

Under settings users will now have a meetings settings option where they can set default settings for meetings such as entry/exit chime. There is also the option for a Waiting room where you would have to allow people into the meeting. 

Photo of Colin Foster

Colin Foster

Thanks, Chris. I actually just installed the update on my Mac (i.e. RC Meetings v.5.4.114758.1122) and tried to find this setting in the application, but was unsuccessful. Can you help?
Photo of Chris Stoecker

Chris Stoecker, Employee

Colin, this setting is found in service web. Please log into https://service.ringcentral.com. Make sure you are under "my extension" and then select settings, there will be a new tab for meetings settings. Please note we are in the process of rolling out the feature update so if you do not see the meetings options under settings today it may be that the update has not rolled out to your account yet.
Photo of BartInTN

BartInTN

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If this could be accomplished via a User Template, then the above would be an acceptable solution.

We admins have to manually edit every user's profile or rely on users to do it themselves? That doesn't sound right to us.
Photo of e

e

where is the screen that you show above?  I do not see any options like this.  also, I checked the pdf above and there is no mention of entry/exit chimes
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi e, please see my comment on the other thread
Photo of Chris Stoecker

Chris Stoecker, Employee

RingCentral has updated the interface, so it is still under Tools > Meetings > Meetings Settings (Settings > Meetings if setting under an individual user) but with a new look
Photo of e

e

hi chris,

as pasted on the other thread, I don't know if my application is incorrect or what's happening, but I don't have a "tools" option:
Photo of Chris Stoecker

Chris Stoecker, Employee

Hi e,

This option is not in the application, it is in service web. Please login at RingCentral.com and from there you can set the setting. 

Tools > Meetings > Meetings settings if an admin setting for the whole account.

Settings > Meetings if setting for an individual user. 
Photo of e

e

got it, thanks!  appreciate the help!