Operator: Press 0 to go back to operator

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Every phone system I ever used when you press zero, you get an operator. In this system if you press zero while in an extension announcement you go back to the previous or main menu. You should get an operator.
Photo of Tom Schorn

Tom Schorn

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Rob Benn-Frenette

Rob Benn-Frenette, Champion

• 4,960 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Pressing Zero To Reach The Operator Ext INTERNALLY.

It would be great to be able to press zero internally and ring the operator ext.
(Edited)

As of right now, when someone calls in to the IVR, they can press zero. The call will go to the set operator ext. BUT when an internal call is made by pressing zero the call won't connect to anything. 
Photo of philos

philos

• 442 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled route Operator calls to beginning of Company Greeting.

hello,

would it be possible to route calls that press 0 for the Operator during the Company Greeting to be routed back to the beginning of the Company Greeting recording? 

thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of philos

philos

please unmerge my question from this thread.  my question is almost opposite of this enhancement request.

Philos, Yes you can do this. It would be in the Company Greeting section. (Or at least I think you can). and I am sharing the Merge issue with RC
Photo of philos

philos

if it is possible, i have not been able to find the option to do so. this is the text i see in the Company Greeting section:
--------------------
IVR Menu Navigation-Pressing "0":
When listening to Company Greeting, connects to Operator Extension.
When listening to any extension's greeting: returns to Company Greeting.
---------------------
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi philos, 

Sorry for confusion.  I did intend to merge these topics as they both involve the "0" button/command and I want our Product Team to consider all ideas when making product changes. 

The way the system works now, is if you press "0" it routes you to the operator extension. Then, if you press "0" again it returns you to the previous  (company) greeting. It does play it from the beginning, but if I understand you correctly, you are wanting the "0" key to not send the call to the operator extension, is that correct? If so, there's not currently a way to change that. 

Mike 
Photo of philos

philos

yes, i do not want the initial transfer to the Operator extension.  sounds like that is not possible.

i would like to add it as an Enhancement Request.  am i able to do that from here?

Yes you can -- submit it as an Idea 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

philos,   You are always welcome to submit any idea/feature request.  It's very similar to posting a question, but there's an option to post as an "idea". shown on this page: How do I submit a request for a new Idea or Feature?
Photo of philos

philos

thank you!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

You're welcome! 
Photo of ZZZ Administrator

ZZZ Administrator

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi, we just realized that when a caller hits '0' it goes no more just back to the beginning of greeting, unless the caller hits '0' 2 or 3 times then it will go back to reception . Callers do not know they need to do this. Every automated system I have ever called allows you to hit '0' at anytime and you can get to the live reception . RingCentral needs to get this option / enhancement operating as soon as possible. Thank you
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It depends where in the system you are at any given point. In a "Single IVR (auto-receptionist)" setting, it works like this:

When zero "0" is pressed:

When the caller is listening to the Company Greeting, pressing zero "0" connects the caller to the Operator Extension.

When the caller is listening to any extension's greeting, pressing zero "0" returns the caller to the Company Greeting.

When the caller is listening to any extension's greeting, pressing zero "0" twice connects the caller to the Operator Extension.

If you are in a "multi-level IVR" (auto-receptionist) setting, you can create an extension (I created "Company Operator" at extension 10) and in the Call Handling for the IVR extension, assign the "0" (zero) key press to the Operator extension (in my case, extension 10).

You can then assign the "0" (zero) key press to the Operator extension at ANY multi-level IVR menu extension and it will always bring the caller to the operator.

Are you using single level or multi-level IVR (auto-receptionist)?
Photo of d[-_-]b RikB

d[-_-]b RikB

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would like to simply pick up the phone at my desk and press "0" and have it ring the operator.  Is this something that just can't be done?
(Edited)

As of right now, no, its not.
Photo of d[-_-]b RikB

d[-_-]b RikB

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That is exactly what Support told me.  So hopefully, the idea will become a feature.  As of now, we had to create a presence to reach the operator since "0" doesn't work.  The problem that created was that when adding presence to the phone, it is not button specific.  It collapses any spaces and automatically assigns it to the next button available.  This happens to be the button right below the incoming lines, so the operator gets a lot of extra calls.
Photo of Dave Marler

Dave Marler

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
3 years later and a user dialing zero cannot get an operator!? I've installed many multi-tenant systems; each company is assigned a customer number and dial zero connects to their operator no matter what the assigned extension. Ring Central is one of the largest mutli-tenant pbx's and treat it like zero can only go to their operator.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 64,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Dave,

We are making updates on how our customers can customize Zero Dialing. This will be under the Auto-Receptionist. We are in the process of rolling this out and will be finished by the end of the year.
(Edited)
Photo of Dave Marler

Dave Marler

Yeah; the 9.3 update literally did nothing for us. The dial 0 options from menus and IVR were already programmed and it did nothing for internal users to be able to dial zero for the operator. But you know this as it's been a forum wishlist item for over 3 years. 
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
seems like they've made a couple modifications to "dial 0". I haven't experienced an issue where people internally don't have any other way to reach someone besides either 1 touch dial or using glip to message or dial the extension or intercom them. I guess each case is different but if the persons are both internal I'd venture a guess they should know an extension or 2 to dial without needing to just press 0. Ease of use I guess.
Photo of Dave Marler

Dave Marler

Apparently your users don't burst by 25% twice a year with temps; ours does. any temp walking in the door is used to dialing zero to reach an operator. Since switching to RC, it is an extra training piece that wastes time and creates confusion.
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 16,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
like i said, haven't had the same issue, hopefully someone can get you a work around maybe on the RC side they can figure something out for you. hope it works out for you
Photo of Philip Wong

Philip Wong

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, we recently just moved to Ring Central.  I can't tell you how many times I have to explain to  everyone (internal) that they can't dial 0 to reach the operator.  One VP told me that dialing 0 for operator has been a golden standard since 1881 (pretty sure it is not true, but you got the idea).  Please add dialing 0 for operator internally!

Official Response
Hello Everyone,

Below are the options for Zero Dialing which can be found under Phone System -> Auto-Receptionist for Single-Level IVR

The options for Multi-Level IVR are listed below
(Edited)
Photo of Dave Marler

Dave Marler

Thanks for the input but this only works from an IVR or when listening to a user’s voicemail. RC does not offer internal users the option for dialing zero. You may want to read up on it as a support rep.

There is a difference between Single and Multi-Level IVR. I'm simply letting people know what those options are.