Extension Report

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not Planned
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Reports: more advanced reporting options.

I'd like to see an Extension Report.  Preferrably exported to CSV or similar format (spreadsheet). Name, Extension, Contact#, Mobile#, email, department included.
Photo of Tony Wilhelm

Tony Wilhelm, Champion

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for submitting this idea. Can you expand just a little bit so our Product team and other members can understand this more clearly. It sounds like this is separate from the Call Logs. Are you referring to a report with company User information? 
Photo of Tony Wilhelm

Tony Wilhelm, Champion

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes.  Take the information found in User Info (short arrows) along with the RCPhone# (long arrow) and drop all extensions into an exportable CSV file (see CSV example under graphic).

CSV Example
=============START FILE===================
Ext,first,last,contact,mobile,email,department,RCphone#
4203,Russell,Smith,###,###,russ@company.com,dept12,8##-##4-##56
4204,first,last,contact,mobile,email,department,RCphone#
4205,first,last,contact,mobile,email,department,RCphone#
=============END FILE=====================

NOTES:
This would mainly be useful with larger numbers of Extensions and useful for creating internal telephone extension lists.
I would even include Call Group ext, name and RCphone#, same with IVR.
Maybe give selectable via checkbox exports (Ie. export Extension, and/or, Call Queues, and/or IVR info)

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Great!  thanks for the detailed example.
Photo of Toon Six

Toon Six

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I print out a simple list of extensions with name, extension and DID numbe....

I couldn't find any way to print a simple list of extensions with name, extension and DID number. Then I can give a list to each user. We don't use much the RC softphone since it is subject to the PC performance. 
Thanks

Toon Six
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Sorry, this isn't on the road-map at this time. Depending on what information you need you can usually copy the list into Excel without doing an actual export. 

I've moved your post to this "idea" topic so that it shows interest in having such a feature. 

Thanks!
Mike
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 448 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Has this been implemented in any way? Very few of our employees are willing to use the softphone and have always worked off of a printed user/# roster.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,170 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This is not the perfect and fancy solution but works for us for now (80+ extensions):

1) Go to www.ringcentral.com

2) Login with an admin user/password

3) Go to Users box

4) From the very top/left of the list of users and extensions, with the computer mouse, select the whole list moving the pointer of the mouse down/right... (like selecting any text in any website). Be careful to select just that area of users, phones and extension numbers...

5) Right click for copy (or Control/Command C)

6) Paste into any empty/new spreadsheet (Google Docs, excel / libre office / open office / numbers)

7) Adjust the columns with, font, size and voila...

8) Print or share in the cloud (be green)

(Only for user name, direct phone # and Ext # but if you have the rest of the info like email and department saved in other spreadsheet you could link it...)
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.