Desktop App: add extension to the Incoming Caller ID

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
I just downloaded and installed the new softphone app for PC. I run on windows 7. In the older softphone I used to see which extension was being called before I answered. In this new version I am no longer seeing that. I spoke with technical support and they said that feature is not included in the new softphone. I think this would be a great feature to carry over from the older softphone.
Photo of D.K. Erickson

D.K. Erickson

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jorge Rojas

Jorge Rojas

• 472 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
can you please add extensions to the incoming caller ID
Photo of Chris Zimmerman

Chris Zimmerman

• 2,234 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yes, very much need the extension name to pop up in the desktop app.  We have a call center and we use virtual extensions instead of call queue for a number of reasons I won't get into.  We manage multiple locations and we need to follow different scripts for the different locations.  While we can display the incoming call number, it is much easy in a fast paced environment to see the name of the extension instead of a phone number.  Please add, much needed. 
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,000 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thank you guys for continuing to provide us with your request!  We love hearing from you.
Please vote for the feature request you want to see added to our products by selecting the LIKE button in the upper right corner
(Edited)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,000 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The Inbound caller ID on 8.1.1 will show the user's name + extension number of callers within your account. 

Photo of USA

USA

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, when will this update be released? I checked for the latest update and I am told I have the latest version at 8.0.4
Photo of Jan Ferguson

Jan Ferguson, Champion

• 27,646 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
USA,

According to the information Partners received during a webinar, all customers should have it, at the latest, by the middle of the month (on or around the 15th).
(Edited)
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 42,776 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It was released and will be rolled out to the entire customer base in waves over the next several weeks. :-) 
Photo of RingCentral Admin

RingCentral Admin

• 558 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile App: show called number plus extension.

Please BRING BACK the option to show the called number PLUS the extension.  This feature allowed me to set my ring tone on my phone so that I know if the call is a sales call or a technical support call.  I DO NOT want to have RC announce the extension and ask me to press 1 to answer.  If I'm driving I CAN'T PRESS 1.   The ability to show the calling number plus extension is worthless because - if I'm driving I don't see the number AND I CAN'T set a ring tone because I get calls from MANY MANY different numbers who have never called me before.   

This feature would be TRIVIAL for you to add back and you had it before.  Why did you remove it?   And why have you not added it back for three years!!!