Open URL or External Application

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Hello. I would like RingCentral to launch my CRM (Solve360) when the phone rings. Where do I find the setting to launch an external app or open a URL on an incoming call? 
Photo of Adrian Davis

Adrian Davis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,408 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Adrian,  when you open your softphone, click the Settings (small gear wheel) icon on the top right corner. Next click the General tab on the left side. Look just to the right of where it says " Launch an external app or URL on incoming call"  and you'll see an on/off button. 

Here's a link to the help topic. Sorry the picture is a little outdated but the process is very much the same. PC Incoming Call Notification
Photo of Adrian Davis

Adrian Davis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike,

I don't seem to have the gear. I'm on a Mac and my Softphone is Build 604.050.00.  I can get to General from the menu option Preferences, but there is no option to launch an external app. 

Photo of Bob Wenzlau

Bob Wenzlau

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That looks to me like  the old version.  

You should install "Ring Central for Mac".  

Then you add:  
open "https://secure.solve360.com/phonenumber/%P"

to the Gear>General>Execute Command 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.