Face or Touch ID for App

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Would like to see the app login with Face ID or Touch ID on the iOS 12 iPhone XsMax as well as all other iPhones and iPads. I use the app regularly and hate having to put in the password every time. I am using AT&T. I would like to also see the ability to stay logged in but mute the incoming calls.
Photo of Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jamie, could you verify which app(s) you're referring to?
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 3,224 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I think I understand but Jamie please correct me if i am wrong. I have been thinking about this also. To be able to DND the RC Phone App without logging out. Then, when I am in my office only my deskphone will ring, not my cell. Currently if I set my RC Phone app to DND all calls go to VM. It would be easier than logging in and out of the apps even if the thumbprint or facial recognition were implemented. 
Photo of Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore

I agree with you Lee but as to which apps any and all of them Saadet
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,780 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jamie, in order to better communicate the need to our Product Team, I'm going to need specifics. For instance, do you mostly use the RC (Glip) app? The RC Phone app? RC Meetings?
Photo of Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore

I use the Phone app and nothing else.
Photo of John Sauber

John Sauber

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Biometrics to Sign In to Mobile Application.

If one could use their mobile phone biometrics features (Apple Touch ID or Face ID, for instance), signing into and out of the mobile app would be much faster. For instance, I log out of the application on my mobile device when I'm at my desk so that the mobile app and desktop app don't ring at the same time. When I'm away from my desk, I sign back into the mobile app so that I can receive calls when I'm on the go.