Fail change Guest to co-worker/ there is no button

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Fail change Guest to co-worker/ there is no button "Change to co-worker". 
See below
Photo of Arman

Arman

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Arman, we started experiencing an issue with this particular feature. The Product Team removed it in order to investigate what's going on. Right now there's no ETA since it's still in the beginning stages of the investigation but we're hoping to bring it back!
Photo of Arman

Arman

Thank you! 

You're welcome!
Photo of Fabio

Fabio

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any update on this?
Photo of Messi

Messi

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Limiting guest and removing conversion guest to co-worker is not a good idea.

We have moved our members to Glip and we really not looking for moving them to another software please extend the guest limits otherwise this won't work for with 200 limits.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 7,026 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Messi, 

Check out Saadet's response above! 
Photo of Fred Carneiro

Fred Carneiro

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I ́m experiencing this same issue.
Looking forward for the fix.
Thanks
Photo of Waren Gonzaga

Waren Gonzaga

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the update, now I know... so our new members will stay as a guest for now. Is there any way to get me updated if the issue is fix or what. Thanks

Hey Waren! I'll post updates here as they become available 
Photo of Charlene Stephens

Charlene Stephens

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Can we please have the ability to give access to team boards, etc.  This is not working if they can't see what they need to see, i don't want to change either, but if this isn't working, we need to start looking for an alternative. 
Photo of Waren Gonzaga

Waren Gonzaga

Hey, there from some random moment I am able to convert the guest account to a co-worker without using the fail button feature of glip.

Charlene Stephens

Any news on when we can expect to have this bug fixed, i am trying not to have to move from this system, but can't keep on with no communication with coworkers. 

Hey all, the Product Team is still working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, you can open a Support Ticket and request to have the individual changed over - we can manually do it on the backend (only applicable if you have a RingCentral plan - does NOT apply to Glip only/freemium plans)
(Edited)
Photo of Arman

Arman

Hello! How can I open a Support ticket?

• 7,884 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Open support case online  
Photo of Mélanie Tremblay

Mélanie Tremblay

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello. So I can't ask for a manual change if I'm not paid customer? (I'm unable to log with a RingCentral account, since I have a glip only account.). Thanks.
Photo of Arman

Arman

Me too

Hey Melanie and Arman, you can call into Support and they can open a case for you :) 888-898-4591, Option 3. Right now we're trying to fix the issue where users, such as yourself, have a better place to go to for opening cases.

Mélanie Tremblay

I'm sorry, but it's impossible to go over the vocal voice message after option 3 if you don't have ringcentral account. Unless I choose a random option and finally speak to someone... Maybe will try next time...
(Edited)

Hey Melanie, email me with details about who needs to be switched over. I'll see if I can get a ticket open for you :) - community.support@ringcentral.com
Photo of Zohaib Mustafa

Zohaib Mustafa

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Not being able to add members to company team.

So glip released a new update and you are unable to add members to your company team. My questions, if you get a new employee, why can you no longer add him/her to the company team? Why can he/she not be able to be informed of the messages in the company team? The company team has a long history of messages in it that we may want a new employee to be able to see. Why can he/she not be privy to those messages? The answer I received..."we no longer provide the feature to add a team member to the company team. So if I want to get around it, create another company team manually."

For me that's okay, I have a small company. However, for larger companies, are they suppose to manually add dozens or hundreds or even thousands of people to a new company team because glip randomly decided not to allow you to add anyone new to the company team anymore? What if someone new wants to view what was sent in this company team previously? They no longer can do that because glip is forcing you to create a new company team. 

I just would like some clarity from the developers as to why this feature was taken out. Imagine you have a company with hundreds of individuals on the company team and new individuals join. Why do they have to manually create a new team and can't add individuals to the existing team?
Photo of Fred Carneiro

Fred Carneiro

Hello!

Looking forward for this fix. This issue is causing me a lot of troubles. I have 5 co workers waiting to get full acess on my Glip site. 

Please, do anyone have an estimate about the fix?

Thanks.

• 65,910 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Fred, there's no ETA just yet. When I learn of one I'll share :)
Photo of Eder Aspilaire

Eder Aspilaire

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on this issue?

• 7,864 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Not yet!
Photo of David Dammann

David Dammann

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry, but 3 months with no update for an issue that is a primary use case for your product seems to be a major fail.

The need to have an administrator add all new people in the last 3 months to each and every one of our new teams is a logistical nightmare that is only growing.

This is quickly becoming a non-starter for our group and will soon drive us to another collaboration message tool.
I hope there is at least an ETA that you can give even if it is 1 month out or 3 months out.  At least we will have an idea of the importance level of this issue to your company.

Please give an ETA very soon.
(Edited)
Photo of Fred Carneiro

Fred Carneiro

Folks, 3 months to get something that was working before is a total shame. I truly belive that Glip want us to quit the free layer and go to a paid one. There is no excuse to so much delay on it. 

TIP: I gave up on Glip and now we are using Microsoft Teams. Everything is running fine there. 
Photo of Fabio

Fabio

Would you recommend Microsoft Teams instead Glip? We have read a lot and we have decided to go for Glip but this issue is a big deal for team management.

Charlene Stephens

I have a temporary fix, you have to add everyone to your phone list, give them an extension and they are able to log in as coworkers. 

Mélanie Tremblay

I will add to complains. I have new users who can't access the list of teams to subscribe themself. It's really annoying.

EDIT: I'm also unable to add guest to the default team!
(Edited)
Photo of Celal Aslan

Celal Aslan

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Guest visibility to co-workers.

Is it possible to make the guests visible to co-workers again?

I'm not sure why this deprecated but it's affecting poorly on our daily communication.

Now when we invited a guest; an admin has to initiate a conversation w/ that guest + co-worker in order for them to see each other and this is very frustrating.

if you have a solid reason behind this change, we should at least have an option to make guest visible to some co-workers.
Photo of Glenn Groves

Glenn Groves

• 62 Points
This is an issue. We are not searching out other chat options such as google and slack as this bug is seriously hindering our growth and communication. 
Photo of Waren Gonzaga

Waren Gonzaga

Hey everyone! Any updates on this?

Hey all, 

I was given some misinformation regarding Support's capability to change guests to co-workers. Right now, we can only make that manual change if you have a RingCentral Plan. However, if you have only a Glip plan or use the freemium version, we cannot make the change at this time. This feature is still on the Product Team's radar for getting added back but it's not slotted for a release just yet. I'll let you all know when I hear another update :)
Photo of David Dammann

David Dammann

boooo :-)  Just kidding, I know how tough these things can be.
However, I hope it gets fixed soon.  It is a huge hassle and is causing our team to consider switching to another app/company.

Note, 85% of our team are Students, so these are your future customers making choices based on their experiences.
Photo of Waren Gonzaga

Waren Gonzaga

Ouch... I hope it will soon! I wish I can see the fix before I left the company I working on...
Photo of Arman

Arman

Hello! 3 months have passed. Maybe your programmers need help?

We employ 350+ people. We use only chat. We have never used and will never use it:
Unlimited phone calls within the US and CA**
Unlimited audio meetings
Unlimited video conferencing (up to 4 people per meeting)
Toll-free or local number
1,000 toll-free minutes/month
Voicemail-to-text
Unlimited internet fax
We do not need this in our work.

Is it fair to pay for "сhange guests to co-workers" function $8 400 monthly?
Tell me please the exact time when this feature will work?

Hey Arman, I totally understand the frustration :( I will keep you all posted when I hear more about a timeline for a fix
Photo of David Dammann

David Dammann

Saadet,
     No offense, but the fact that this is a 3 month + old issue and you can't even say when it is scheduled to be looked at means you do not deem it a priority for your Glip users to be able to change guests to co-workers.
     If it is currently be worked on, there should be an idea of how much time.
     If it isn't a critical or even major issue in your queue, it most likely will get pushed and pushed and pushed.

We just want to know what the priority level of this issue is to the company.
     We just want to know if we should look elsewhere and move applications or if the company actually wants people to be able to use their product in the most simplest way (actually have co-workers be able to collaborate).

What is the priority of this issue for the developers?
     Answers or non-answers will say a lot as to whether this is worth hanging on and using an otherwise great product.  But without being able to assign co-workers... it is a useless product from an administrative point of view and there are plenty of other applications that will allow people to do this very simple task.
(Edited)
Photo of Waren Gonzaga

Waren Gonzaga

I'm about to leave the company and still this issue is not fixed for about a months now... I'm a developer myself and if I know that a certain feature affect the product's reliability I'm gonna work on it as soon as I can and possible.
Photo of Messi

Messi

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
If you expand the guest limit for more than just 200 or unlimited it may solve everyone's struggle.  we are going for many steps to keep glip team still functional but it will be most likely fail do to the limit and lack of useful reports/logs.
Photo of Fabio

Fabio

Hi Any news on this issue? It is a big deal specially for new users. I recommend you to put an effort on that if you really wish to expand and compete with slack. Our group was considering to move to Glip but this problem is making it impossible. Is there any way that we can handle this until you fix it?

• 65,558 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Fabio, there's no ETA just yet. I'm keeping an eye out for more details as they become available. 

Charlene Stephens

I have found a temporary work around.  I am assigning each new person an extension and then they are co-workers. 
Photo of Fabio

Fabio

Interesting. How can I do that?

Charlene Stephens

You have to go in under admin portal and go to Users, then Add User.  Someone from Ring Central told me about this, can't remember who.
Photo of Fabio

Fabio

Thanks. Do you know if freemium users have this option? I can't find it.

Official Response
Hi All,

I got an update from our Product Team about the ability to change guests to co-workers. They are planning on implementing a fix in Q1 2020 (as long as nothing breaks again). Apparently this feature was putting quite a load on the back end and they're trying to re-develop it so that it no longer puts such a strain on the system.
(Edited)
Photo of Fred Carneiro

Fred Carneiro

Hi!
So, you ́re saying the Bugfix could be "maybe" delivered around April 20... and what is just an update of the type of user is loading the whole system... ?  OK... LoL