Fax: Auto download to folder

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
It'd be great if RC faxes could auto download to a folder where my other systems could retrieve them for processing.  We received a high volume of faxes in our pharmacy where my staff needs to enter the information.

At the moment, I have to buy another fax service or buy a fax machine and a hard line because HP offers this service.
Photo of John Han

John Han

• 72 Points

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,668 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This should not be too difficult.  I would use the archiver to send them to your own SFTP server, DropBox or Google Drive.

Another method could be to forward all the fax attachments via email to an email box dedicated for this purpose.  Then you would you need a tool or script to collect those attachments for processing.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/8913?language=en_US

Photo of Mehran Farid

Mehran Farid

• 70 Points
Hello,
Auto archiver is available only for premium accounts. Is there a similar tool for standard accounts for faxing? 
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,284 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mehran, 

At this time, archiver is only available for premium accounts and we don't offer any other archiving options for standard accounts. 
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 24,668 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Mehran, how about you forward a copy of every fax via email to a dedicated email account for archiving?  Maybe just a free Gmail account for example?
Photo of Mehran Farid

Mehran Farid

• 70 Points
Thanks for suggestions. Our account is a HIPAA account and does not allow emailing , neither it is desired to send via non-secure email. Ringcentral could open the archiver to standard accounts to make it easier.