Fax: Confirmation to attach the pages faxed

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
We really need the fax confirmations to come through with the pages that we faxed attached.  It is very hard to verify that certain documents were faxed if the confirmation just shows "sent" and the number of pages.  We need to be able to verify that we sent certain pages.
Photo of Frank Muher

Frank Muher

• 1,060 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of SU

SU

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Being able to keep an electronic record of exactly what was faxed is a basic and fundamental business need.  RingCentral should be able to figure this out - it cannot be that hard.  
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,074 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Talanton_Insurance, at this time there is no ETA regarding this request :( I would suggest leveraging other document saving tools such as Google Drive, in order to save copies.

Hey SU, unfortunately, keeping a lifetime record of each fax that is sent by thousands of users everyday is not feasible :( which is why we have a data retention policy in place.
Photo of Talanton_Insurance

Talanton_Insurance

• 626 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Saadet -- do you have a documented process or solution for how to preserve the original outbound faxed documents using an outside service as recommended?

"I would suggest leveraging other document saving tools such as Google Drive, in order to save copies".

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,074 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Matt, there's no documentation for that since it depends upon your needs. It is a manual process.

However, one thing you could look into is RC Archiver. I'm not sure what your service plan is, but it is a nifty tool that makes saving things automatic.