Fax Cover Page Settings

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Fax: Bring back, or add additional fields to customize fax cover sheets

Can you please add a feature to edit the Fax cover page to the information we want it to show and not what is registered with RingCentral? i.e. I do not use my RingCentral Fax #, I have my own. I don't want to be doing a custome cover page each time a send a fax. This feature was available in the previous version of Soft phones.
Photo of Luis Uribe

Luis Uribe

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Luis,  in the new Desktop App for Windows Softphone you can upload your custom fax cover page.  See below. 

(Edited)
Photo of RingCentral Social Team

RingCentral Social Team, Official Rep

• 2,224 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to edit the default fax cover page on a Mac.
Photo of Bonnie

Bonnie

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I use my custom fax cover pages on a new computer?.

I have customized several fax cover pages, but recently got a new computer.

Where are my customization files located and can I bring them over to my new computer?

I don't want to spend the time re-creating all of these.
Photo of Peter Keros

Peter Keros

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In the latest version of the desktop app (7.5.2), they got rid of this function, requiring allcover pages to be custom and making their current cover pages useless. Considering I used to put in my contact information and the contact information of the recipient, I'm really disappointed.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Peter- they got rid of what function? The 7.5.2 still has fax cover templates to choose from...

Photo of Peter Keros

Peter Keros

But you can't put in information on the recipient or sender anymore. At least, I just spent the last hour with a chat representative figuring that out. The templates are useless if we can't put in information, leaving us with only the custom option. That "English" page is gone.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

Peter- do you have a case number so we can look into this? 
Photo of Peter Keros

Peter Keros

No, but I have the chat log. The form won't let me attach a PDF, though.
Photo of Peter Keros

Peter Keros

If it helps, see the figure below. Note that the "Name" and "Company" boxes are gone, and there's seemingly no way to use a cover page that isn't a custom page uploaded separately.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

To retrieve your Case # please login to http://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp select “contact support”, and you will be able to see “view: all cases” at the bottom of the page. 
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Keros

Peter Keros

It's telling me that there is no case. Which makes sense, because I didn't open a case, I just used the chat.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

If you were logged in talking to Chat should automatically generates a case...but no problem... I have someone looking into this
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Keros

Peter Keros

If so, it's not there. And it's not listed in the chat log. According to that page, our last case was in October 2014.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.