Fax suggestions

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Fax via e-mail: Allow email body content to populate Comment section of fax cover page

I am new customer that only uses the fax service. I would like to suggest a couple of tweaks that would improve this service:

1) The "To:" field of the fax cover (when sending from email) should only list the fax number. Not 1234567890@rcfax.com

2) Again when sending from email, the body of the email should be included as a page of the fax. If I need to send a customer a document to sign I would like to type a short email explaining what I need and have it included in the fax.

3) Allow additional emails addresses in receiving fax notifications. I only see the availability for one email to receive the notices but would like to add another.
Photo of PJ Mullin

PJ Mullin

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of annielou.g

annielou.g

• 62 Points
Our office uses Outlook, so this might be specific to Outlook users, but...

I sent several test faxes yesterday when our service started, and noticed that if you put something in the subject line and type a message in the body of your email, the body of the email will show up as a comment on the cover page.  The text in the subject line did not appear to show anywhere on the cover page.

I tried a second time, this time leaving out the subject and just entering text in the body of the email.  This resulted in no comment showing on the cover page.  So it would seem having something present in the subject somehow triggers the fax service to pull text from the body of the email.  Not sure if this is intentional or a flaw.  Should be a flaw.

I also noticed that my signature does not show on the cover page.

Hope this helps.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.