Feature Request_Ability to change idle time on Glip
Photo of Kadish

Kadish

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 2,936 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi there!  This is noted.  Having a setting to manage when you are shown as inactive or offline makes sense depending on the preference.  Would you say setting intervals of 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins are acceptable?
Photo of Alaina Bravo

Alaina Bravo

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Whatever intervals are chosen, I also want to be able to turn this feature OFF. I don't want to be shown as offline at an point simply because my mouse is inactive.
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 2,936 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alaina!  Hear you loud and clear.  When we add new settings for presence in the future we will have a way to turn this off so you never go idle unless your connection goes out (i.e. computer falls asleep) or you sign out.
Thanks for posting this great feedback!
Photo of Paul Pecullan

Paul Pecullan

• 518 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Our users are going "offline" automatically after not doing something in Glip for 15 minutes.  This conversation makes me believe this can be turned off, how?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Paul, the product team is still working on making things better. We'll keep you all posted when we learn more about an ETA
Photo of Jim Pulver

Jim Pulver

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would really like to see this as well as this makes the user status unknown.
Photo of Marnie Snyder

Marnie Snyder

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree with all the above. Glip should stay active with mouse movement or clicks, not only when you are in the Ring Central app. It makes it look like I don't work!
Photo of Maribel Almeida

Maribel Almeida

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree with Marnie Snyder! This is so frustrating!
Photo of Michele Furry

Michele Furry

• 68 Points
I agree with Jim Pulver.  It is frustrating to have to click on and 'reactivate' the desktop app just to make it clear that you are available.  
Photo of Tom Klimek

Tom Klimek

• 1,640 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Following. I feel that if you're logged into the apps you should be shown as available. Only when you logout/shutdown you should be offline. If someone has been idle for 15 minutes or longer(or a time set in preferences) there should be an idle status?