Feature Request_Ability to change idle time on Glip
Photo of Kadish

Kadish

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 3,206 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi there!  This is noted.  Having a setting to manage when you are shown as inactive or offline makes sense depending on the preference.  Would you say setting intervals of 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins are acceptable?
Photo of Alaina Bravo

Alaina Bravo

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Whatever intervals are chosen, I also want to be able to turn this feature OFF. I don't want to be shown as offline at an point simply because my mouse is inactive.
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 3,206 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alaina!  Hear you loud and clear.  When we add new settings for presence in the future we will have a way to turn this off so you never go idle unless your connection goes out (i.e. computer falls asleep) or you sign out.
Thanks for posting this great feedback!
Photo of Paul Pecullan

Paul Pecullan

• 698 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Our users are going "offline" automatically after not doing something in Glip for 15 minutes.  This conversation makes me believe this can be turned off, how?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 69,402 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Paul, the product team is still working on making things better. We'll keep you all posted when we learn more about an ETA
Photo of Jim Pulver

Jim Pulver

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would really like to see this as well as this makes the user status unknown.
Photo of Marnie Snyder

Marnie Snyder

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree with all the above. Glip should stay active with mouse movement or clicks, not only when you are in the Ring Central app. It makes it look like I don't work!
Photo of Maribel Almeida

Maribel Almeida

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I agree with Marnie Snyder! This is so frustrating!
Photo of Kevin Chan

Kevin Chan

• 60 Points
Any updates on this setting request?  Last post was 6 months ago.  Thanks
Photo of Michele Furry

Michele Furry

• 128 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree with Jim Pulver.  It is frustrating to have to click on and 'reactivate' the desktop app just to make it clear that you are available.  
Photo of Tom Klimek

Tom Klimek

• 1,994 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Following. I feel that if you're logged into the apps you should be shown as available. Only when you logout/shutdown you should be offline. If someone has been idle for 15 minutes or longer(or a time set in preferences) there should be an idle status?
Photo of Arthur Ng

Arthur Ng, Product Manager

• 1,220 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Everyone,

The good news is that the new desktop app has a new feature called “computer-based presence” that will keep the user as green on the desktop app until the are no longer active on their computer for 15 mins or more. 

Please head over to app.ringcentral.com > to try out the new RingCentral Desktop App! 
Photo of Brandon Teasley

Brandon Teasley

Arthur - Is this automatic or is there a setting we need to toggle on, possibly at the admin level? Still noticing our team's status going to idle, despite their computers being active. 
Photo of Arthur Ng

Hey Brandon - are you using the new RingCentral app or the old one?
Photo of Brandon Teasley

Brandon Teasley

New - Looks like I'm up to date on Version: 20.2.12 (E. 7.1.8)
Photo of Michele Furry

Michele Furry

How can we tell if we are using the new desktop app?  Is there a version number we can check?
(Edited)
Photo of Arthur Ng

Your UI should look like this > 

Photo of Michele Furry

Michele Furry

We have the same version 20.2.12 (E. 7.1.8).  However, the UI does not look like your screenshot.
Photo of Arthur Ng

Please head over to app.ringcentral.com > to try out the new RingCentral Desktop App to experience the new presence improvements!
Photo of Brandon Teasley

Brandon Teasley

So yeah. Went to https://www.ringcentral.com/desktop-app.html   
It's the same version I'm already on, so that's not really helpful. My UI doesn't look like your screenshot, but I'm assuming that's a difference between PC version and Mac potentially. 

My question remains the same. Is there a setting we need to enable so that team members do not shift to idle after 15 minutes of not using the app? 
Photo of Arthur Ng

Hey Brandon - please try this link instead: https://app.ringcentral.com/

That is our new RingCentral app - with the new client it will have what you need, since we detect computer base presence instead of app based on the new client - please login with your regular ringcentral credentials.
Photo of Jonathan Myers

Jonathan Myers

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there any documentation on how this feature works?