Feature Request - Customizable Shortcut bar on desktop and mobile

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
With the previous updates to the mobile app and with the most recent update to the desktop app, you have buried the Tasks feature which makes it very inconvenient for my company. We are CA based lender with approx. 17 users and rely heavily on Tasks in our business processes. Why can't you make the shortcut bar at the bottom customizable so that a company or user can decide which features are most important. For example, we do no use Meetings or Contacts at all, but they occupy a space that can be used for Tasks instead.
Photo of Joe Gigliello

Joe Gigliello

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 3,810 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I like this!  With an app that attempts to do so many things, giving the users (or the company admins setting it for all users or teams, if they have that control) the ability to configure the app with easy access to their most important features seems like a great add.
Photo of Liam Zhang

Liam Zhang, Employee

• 618 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We heard your voice, we are discussing this internally. 
Photo of Dave Wine Hammer

Dave Wine Hammer

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled task bar choice.

Modify or drag the icons we wanted at the bottom. You just change the Calendar Icon to a contact Icon and put the one I use in the more column 
Photo of Christina Gratz

Christina Gratz

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Productivity Tools.

I would like to personalize the icons at the bottom of the side bar. Right now I see Message, Call, Meet, Contact and don't use any of them. I use Tasks every day and I don't want to have to hit More and then Tasks if I can avoid those steps. Thanks.
Photo of Shelly Roth

Shelly Roth, Champion

• 1,784 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
ME TOO!
Photo of Charis Hanshaw

Charis Hanshaw

• 64 Points
Thank you Joe. I was just directed here by customer support and had drafted a request that nearly mirrors your post.

Glip Desktop FEATURE REQUEST CLARIFICATION: Please allow customization of the sidebar itself, including the shortcut icon tray. I've seen tutorials based on earlier versions of Glip that obviously allowed for this. Our teams use Tasks and Calendars more than any other feature in Glip and it is now highly inefficient when switching between these multiple times a day to have to drill into the More Options menu.