Feature request: please separate the desktop and mobile applications so inbound calls don't ring simultaneously.

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Control ring order of Desktop App and Mobile App.

Photo of Jeff Kaprelian

Jeff Kaprelian

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,700 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jeff,

To help our Product Team understand your request and assure it gets more consideration, please include the following details in your request: 

1. Account type  (U.S., Canada, UK,  AT&T, Telus, BT)
  2. A brief description of the business 
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature
  5. Benefit of such feature
  6. Include any related case number if applicable
  7. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,254 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Saadet,

I think what he is trying to say is that in the RingCentral Admin portal, under Call Handling & Forwarding, the first option is to turn ON/OFF the ringing capability of BOTH the Windows Desktop app *AND* Smartphones (RingCentral mobile app). He would like the Windows Desktop app to have an ON/OFF button AND the Smartphones (aka RIngCentral Mobile app) to ALSO have an ON/OFF button.

I can concur that it would be nice to separate them. If a person is using BOTH the Desktop app and their Smartphone, both will ring at the same time and often times the RingCentral mobile app will ring once or twice more after the Desktop app has been answered.

Photo of Jeff Kaprelian

Jeff Kaprelian

Exactly what I'm after. Thanks.
Photo of Jeff Kaprelian

Jeff Kaprelian

1. US
2. Commodity brokerage firm
3. I would like to have a setting that allows my desktop application to ring without my smartphone application ringing at the same time. 
4. A typical call flow would be the desktop app rings, if unanswered the mobile app rings. 
5. With 75+ inbound calls a day having my cell phone, ipad, and desktop app ringing simultaneously is just too much. I don't want to be forced to disable the smartphone app.
6. none
7. 8
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
FYI  folks.. I"m moving this to a closely related topic in order to combine votes & comments.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.