Billing: send billing statements to someone other than Super Admin

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
1. Account Type: US
2. Brief Description of the business:  install state-of-the-art home theater systems as well as audio and video systems for Corporate, Government, Military, Education, Hospitality, Health & Fitness, Retail, Worship and Residential (Home Theater, Whole House Audio, Home Control) applications throughout the state of Colorado, the Rocky Mountain West and the continental United States.
3. High Level Description: We want to be able to send the billing statements to someone other than our Super Admin on our account but right now we are unable to.
4. Typical Use Scenario - n/a
5. Benefit - Able to route billing statements to the appropriate people within our company
6. Related Case - 04620129
Photo of Jason Bye

Jason Bye

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of will

will

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also would like to see this. I administrate a number of Office Standard Edition accounts. I figured out how to change the billing contact email (and phone #) by updating the payment method, but I discovered this also changes the contact email (and phone #) for the super admin. I called support but was told I must put in a features request at community. Seems like it should be just a matter of a little web/db programming.
Photo of Greg Shaw

Greg Shaw

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Will, thanks for the warning. That is what I was afraid would happen if I changed the contact email for billing. These need to be independent.
Photo of Tim Edlund

Tim Edlund

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would also like to see this feature.  Our only choice currently is to change the Super Admin email address to the address used by our accounting department.  Now anyone in accounting can change the super admin password making the RC solution very insecure.  If we change the Super Admin email back to an appropriate account, then we end up with IT responsible for distributing billing statements back to accounting.  That has resulted in significant delays and confusion previously. Every other cloud system we uses allows a separate email address for billing.  RC needs to modernize in this regard. 
(Edited)
Photo of UCHost

UCHost

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Good point Tim. And if they are super Admin, I can see where this could be a compliance problem. Accounting clerk has access to keys to a bunch of information. 
Photo of Warren Gamley

Warren Gamley

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Definitely something that was overlooked in the design stage of the RC system. Would really like to see this issue resolved!
Photo of Howard

Howard

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is really critical for our operations as I administrate *many* accounts, but in almost all of them the accounting person works for a different company and is not supposed to have administrative privileges other than getting a copy of the service statement.
Photo of Steve West

Steve West

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes, this seems like a simple change to make but it is very irritating, our Accounts people are NOT RC users.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Account info verses Billing info.

We need account information and billing information to be different

If I update billing information with my contact information,
it is the same for Account Info

If I change Account Info it changes Billing info?

And my contact info is on the cover sheet

We need the users contact info on the cover sheet, so they
can resolve Fax issues

I am in the IT department of our company

I have 25 fax accounts and the fax accounts are for different
departments and locations

We need to have the Account Info for the department using
the fax account

And I need the billing info to be my info so if there is a
problem with the bill I can take care of it
users have no way to resolve billing problems
Photo of UCHost

UCHost

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think it's pretty bad that this basic functionality hasn't been added in years! On the billing tab, there should be a field added that simply allows the Super Admin to add any contact info and email address needed. 
Photo of Erin Rigby

Erin Rigby

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there any resolution to this?  Seems like something that RC should be able to resolve fairly quickly.  When you change the billing e-mail to the billing clerk, not only does it change the SuperAdmin's e-mail it screws with Glip & RC Meetings as well.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,492 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Erin. I haven't heard of an ETA on this :( I agree that it should be implemented and would be very useful!
Photo of Erin Rigby

Erin Rigby

Is there any update to this?  

Thanks
Erin

• 39,492 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No ETA yet, Erin :(
Photo of Linas

Linas

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I get calls for this all the time

people are calling me all the time asking about the fax I have no idea what the users are sending I don't know who sent the fax and have no way of telling from what location sorry we sent you a fax it seems I need to find a different fax provider 

• 35,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Linas, I moved this over to a new conversation since it seems to pertain to something different than the original conversation

Please reference the new conversation here: Fax Issues
Photo of Jason Walker

Jason Walker

• 62 Points
What is the status on this?? This needs to be fixed. As it stands now, I have to have our SuperAdmin forward the billing e-mails to me. ALL of the billing info should be completely separate from any individual user. The fact that the software is devoid of such basic functionality is very worrisome.
(Edited)

• 38,106 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Jason. I have not been given an ETA on this from our Product Team :(
I just had a few more calls people asking about orders sorry I have no idea what location what department I don't know how to direct the calls?
Photo of Christopher Howard

Christopher Howard

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I am very sad this small but critical improvement didn't make it into the last release of feature improvements. I got an email a while ago indicating that a batch of great new features were being added to the interface, but as usual nothing I actually needed.
Photo of Erin Rigby

Erin Rigby

I agree.  Still waiting for this to be fixed. :(
just got another call today from a customer somebody sent a fax they call me and I cannot help them 
very frustrating for me and our customers 
one of many calls someone sent a fax and they only got one page they call me the fax is unreadable and they don't know who sent so they call be because I am on the billing contact info I don't know who sent the fax no way to track down how sent 
I get calls all the time for Lunch orders I don't know who ordered lunch so I guess they are not getting there lunch order! 

• 38,350 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Atlas Toyota Material Handling,

It sounds like there may be some setting issues going on. I would suggest opening up a case so we can take a closer look at what's going on.
open a case with who?
I need billing and Account owner to de different 
what's the problem?

• 38,350 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
With our Support Team. Based on the limited information that you've provided, it sounds like there's a possible issue with fax notification/recipient settings. 
ok will open a case with support 
I already know the answer you cannot have different account owner and billing admin
support just confirmed this feature and is working correctly 
sorry but its not I have 25 accounts with about 200 users I guess ill take my business elseware
I just would like to make a follow up about your concern on updating the phone number and the email address, We identify that this is a normal behavior of the system.Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Sincerely,
Giro Bautista
Special Application Team
RingCentral, Inc.

Please change this option
Still no update RingCentral will not change this feature
These two fields are linked whey have them on the site users think they are changing the field in two locations and it just overwrites it information it causes confusion for users and it seems Ring Central support them are not aware of this feature 
I am sure many tech support cases are opened for this feature