Feature Request - Voicemail Messages

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi there,

We're a US based consultancy of about 40 employees in the field of retirement plan administration. 100% of our workforce telecommutes, and we have employees across the continental US. Because of the timely nature of certain aspects of our industry, each employee will record a daily voicemail message that informs callers of the employee's office hours for that day, the employee's time zone, and what times the employee will be in meetings for that day. 

In order to maintain a consistent level of service to our clients, when an employee (User A) is out of the office for any reason, we forward that individual's calls to another consultant (User B) as a temporary backup. The problem we've encountered is that even when we forward the calls and voicemails from User A to User B, if User B is unable to answer the call, User A's voicemail message will play for the caller. This makes it difficult to manage client expectations on timely communication. As a workaround, we're able to download a copy of User B's voicemail message for the day and upload it to User A's voicemail settings, but in instances when an employee is out for multiple days, this becomes onerous. At present, we have an employee that is going to be out for three months on maternity leave and I'm not looking forward to using the workaround every day.

Another instance where it'd be useful is when an employee is terminating. We will forward the exiting employee's calls and voicemails to a backup consultant that serves as a liaison in the interim while a new hire is brought up to speed on the technical details of each client's plan. 

Ideally, I'd love it if I was able to tick a box or something similar when selecting the voicemail recipient so that the receiving user's voicemail is what is heard by callers. 

Example:

1.) Client calls the extension for User A as normal.
2.) Call forwarding is enabled so the call bypasses User A and rings for User B.
3.) If User B is unable to answer the phone, the caller will hear the voicemail message for User B because (insert new feature) has been selected.
4.) The caller leaves a voicemail that is sent to User B's voice mailbox.

I hope that something similar to this is able to make it into a future update.

Thanks so much,
Britton
Photo of Britton Hall

Britton Hall

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Shannon Maggs

Shannon Maggs, Champion

• 660 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I agree - this is a pain point for us too. Would love a better alternative!