- Account type = U.S.
- A brief description of the business = Software Development, Mapping, Geo-location
- A high level description of the product or feature being requested - Product = RingCentral Meetings. The feature being requested here is some way to set who the meeting host will be before the meeting starts (or a way to enable or allow recording of a session for all participants before the meeting).
- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature - Here's the scenario: CEO's assistant is scheduling a meeting for the CEO and several other executive team members. Said meeting needs to be recorded. The assistant, logged into her account (as she should be for security), creates the meeting on her Google calendar and sends the invite to the rest of the intended participants. It's important to note the assistant will NOT be attending said meeting, she's simply scheduling it and generating the meeting ID/info. Since the meeting needs to be recorded we need to hand the host role (or allow permission for the other participants, which is probably easier with a simple check box right next to "allow join before host") long before the meeting will actually begin. We've tested creating meetings and joining them in various ways to no avail, we're always greeted with the error "please request recording permission from the meeting host."
- Benefit of such feature - such a feature would allow executives to continue working on their higher level tasks and would facilitate an assistant aiding the executives without having to compromise security by having the assistant actually log into RC as the executive member. It also allows the executive team members to continue being electively ignorant in things as simple as generating a meeting through the RC Meetings app ;) Allowing all users the ability to record before a meeting began would also mean that if there was an issue with audio recording (as we see very often when recording a meeting) we could easily try recording from another participants session without having to make sure the host is logged in and competent enough to allow another participant the ability to record.
- Include any related case number if applicable - N/A
- Number of Users and/or Digital Lines - 74 users / 25 digital lines
Be the first to post a reply!