For certain users who use RingCentral constantly, we need to extend the session timeout to never log them out.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Certain users use RingCentral daily and we have sufficient security in place to prevent unauthorized access, so we want them to be able to stay logged in all them time, not the current maximum of 24 hours.
Photo of Ed N

Ed N

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of AYan

AYan

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ed, 

For clarification, do you mean the Session Timeouts on service.ringcentral.com? Or did you mean in the individual apps?

If this is in regards to the portal (service.ringcentral.com):
Is there a reason why your business is constantly in the portal vs. using the desktop apps? (ex: refusal to install the RC apps/confusion with differentiation of RC apps)
Personally, I only go into the portal for user add/disable changes and making support tickets. All other functionality can be done through the apps.

The apps have a stay signed in option.
Photo of Ed N

Ed N

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is the web portal, and the users that we want to stay logged in are the administrators, who constantly use the metrics, adjust settings, etc.
Photo of RodneyD

RodneyD

• 996 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We have multiple Portals for our Business and would like to have the Session Timeout feature added to the
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 20,972 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

Logging in once each 24 hours is the level of security in place using the RingCentral desktop apps.

Using the RingCentral Phone Mobile app - I do not have to login daily each day.

Perhaps you could clarify which app you are writing your message about?

Join our unofficial RingCentral Admins User Group 
http://ringcentraladminusersgroup.org/index.html
Photo of Ed N

Ed N

It is for the Admin console specifically.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 20,972 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
In the Admin Portal (ServiceWeb) logging in once per 24 hours is no big imposition, I do not think RingCentral is going to remove that requirement.

I am the main SuperAdmin on our account and I am in the portal all day everyday, as do many other SuperAdmins in RingCentral's userbase.

Not sure why is it such a big deal to have your SuperAdmins login once per day? 
Photo of Ed N

Ed N

Thank you for chiming in with your experience. It may not be something needed by everyone, but it has been requested by ours.
Photo of RodneyD

RodneyD

• 996 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We have multiple Portals for our Business and would like to have the Session Timeout feature added to the Linked Accounts Login page.