ghost calls, poly comm phone, frustrated

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to ano

In the last 36 hours, I have received more than 90 ghost calls from randon three and four digit callers, 101, 1000, 2001, 2013, etc. This represents more than 60 during the day yesterday and 37 overnight.

These calls are to the polycomm desk phone only, softphone/RC call controller is unaffected.

This is a variation on a problem that I had with the softphone / RC call controller but i changed the listening port per suggestion in community forum. softphone issue appears fixed.

My polycomm phone, however, gets these calls all the time, but never with this unrelenting frequency. NB, they appear in the phone's own call log, not in the call controller or in my online account activity log.

i need this fixed asap. it is either a security issue, SIP sniffing, or your system and you haven provided me with the necessary settings for the typical router firewall.

I have the desk phone plugged into a gigbit network and access to the internet through AT&T uverse max and my usability of the ringcentral service has been
good.

Another call from "1000" as I typing this. . . and another, taking up my rollover line, Who can help?
Photo of John Radshaw

John Radshaw

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Will Hunter

Will Hunter

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I know it is a shot in the dark, but mine is a combination cable modem / router too (Motorola SBG6580).  In case it helps someone with this same model, it is on the Advanced menu under Options as "SIP ALG Enable".

Photo of Sal

Sal

• 70 Points
Would someone mind posting the resolution for this problem as it relates to a soft phone?  I experienced this issue maybe 50 times on my tablet so I uninstalled the app.  Now I'm having the problem on my smartphone.  Based on this thread the soft phone issues seems to have been resolved but I can;t find the solution.  Thank you.

Photo of Dale Hiller

Dale Hiller

• 72 Points
Same problem. Ringcentral changed my ports, VVX 500 is updating right now. Hopefully it fixes this. I get 100-200 calls a day. 3 at a time, simultaneously. 

Update just finished with a new DND (do not disturb) softkey. 

Will repost tomorrow with update.
(Edited)
Photo of Kathy

Kathy

• 60 Points
We are having the same thing too on RingCentral, at least 50 calls a day coming into our main phone line, multiple calls at the same time.

I came into the office this morning to find that, on a secondary phone, one of these calls had somehow connected even though the phone handset was still in the cradle. The call had been running for 14 minutes when I found it. Should I be worried about being hacked?

I am calling support now to see if they can try a fix.
Photo of Dale Hiller

Dale Hiller

• 72 Points
Yesterday they changed my ports and haven't had a ghost call since.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.