Glip: Bring Incoming Calls To Front

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
Question: Incoming calls in the Glip desktop app open in a separate window but is there a way to make this window come to the front? 

Background: Since I work in an open space, I often have the sound on my computer muted so I do not bother those around me but then I cannot hear my calls ringing and there's no notification on the Glip icon in my taskbar.  With the RC Phone, the call window comes to the front, which is great so I'm wondering if this can be done in Glip as well.  As a workaround, I have turned on the Windows notifications for Glip so at least I now get that pop up notification that states "Incoming Call".  
Photo of Natasha Parker

Natasha Parker

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,168 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Natash, we've checked with our Produt Team and there is currently not a way to do this on the Glip Desktop app.  They are considering it for future implementation but there's no way for us to give any sort of ETA at this time. 

So.. I'm changing this from a Question to an Idea so other member can vote and comment. 

Mike
(Edited)
Is this still not a feature? Really? It's a phone app... How is it not priority to avoid missed calls?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Eduardo, our Product Team is aware of the ask. It's on the roadmap but hasn't been slotted for a release yet. When it does, I'll update the thread :)
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 4,466 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I really think that if Glip is going to be the phone application on a desktop, that incoming calls need to pop to the front, or at least have that as a user option.  Even our deskphone users effectively use the incoming call window on the RC Phone app as a caller ID notification before answering.
Photo of Steph Fabian

Steph Fabian

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bring to Front Notification Option.

Please create a selectable notification option in which the RingCentral app window is brought to the front (on top) of other application windows when a call or Glip message comes in. We work in a multi-monitor environment and the existing desktop notification is barely noticeable. I understand this may not be desirable in certain environments so please make this a selectable option.
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 2,162 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Even better would be a separate window brought to the front that remained open for the entire call. That way, Glip can remain minimized (or as a tray icon) and the call options would be available in a smaller window during the call.