Glip: Create new task via email

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
Hi!

I have Ringcentral Office, USA
We currently use Asana for our task management.
In Asana, we have the ability to add a new task via email.
Meaning, that we can send an email to a dedicated email address and open a ticket in Asana without leaving our email's inbox.

Currently Glip offers this feature for posting a comment to a conversation, but what we really need is the ability to create a new task from our inbox without switching tabs in the browser.

Thank you!
Photo of S Pines

S Pines

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Keith Lazarus

Keith Lazarus

• 1,368 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I really like this idea and just found myself wishing it was there.

Photo of Scrappy

Scrappy

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Are there any updates to this?

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,708 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Scrappy, 

We haven't heard anything from the product team about this yet! 
Photo of Bond007DMC

Bond007DMC

• 2,228 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Jessica,

I have tried to create a task from email several times over the past few years. It does work, but is messy. What do I mean? Well, try to create a task from the email that shows up in your rmessage section and the entire contents of the email are placed into the Task Title, rather than a snippet for the title and the rest in the description section. It would be nice if the email came over in that fashion, or has a facility to ask what portion you want as the title.

My scenario sends email from Gmail, as I don't use any email program with Pop Mail or IMAP, so don't know if the issue is gmail or across the board. Surely I am not the only one to notice this issue over the years... Is this something that you can pass on to support or the product team, or do I have to spend hours on a chat (which is the norm almost every time...) to try to explain the issue and hope that it gets passed on?

I realize you are just a moderator, and also understand you may not have the capacity to do this, but maybe you (or someone else looking on) has suggestions.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,708 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'll make sure to let product know of this use case and the issue you're experiencing!