Glip Notifications

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Planned
It would be nice if the Glip notifications did not only notify you when the application is offline/not in focus. Notifications should be sent to you anytime you have a direct conversation, missed phone call or voicemail even if the application is opened. 
Photo of Marina Stambaugh

Marina Stambaugh, Employee

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 13,528 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
thats true
Photo of Luke Sipple

Luke Sipple

• 456 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Marina.  Ideally, any time the window is not in focus the mobile alerts should come through.  The only time mobile alerts should not come through is when the window is in focus.

In its current state; if you uncheck "Enable Desktop Notifications" you will get mobile notifications better, but then you lose any desktop notifications when the window is out of focus.  That's a deal-breaker for anyone using Glip as their softphone.

As a company who recently migrated from $l@ck - this is driving our users mad.

thank you for considering this!
Photo of CJ Patracone

CJ Patracone

• 546 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have missed messages because i had the application in focus, I would really like this option too!!
Luke will this be an added feature or is there some way to put in a formal request? Our company of 400+ users was just switched from our old chat and we are missing many useful features that i am trying to reproduce. So far I am leaning towards going back to the old software, but I will try my best to make every use of this software until then.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 35,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey CJ,

I send regular reports to our Product Team of Feature Requests. This one is still a bit new, posted in February. So please vote :)
Photo of Luke Sipple

Luke Sipple

• 456 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Another enhancement to Glip notifications would be the option to quickly MUTE ALL notifications.  This is extremely useful when getting on a webinar / sharing your screen.  This can be accomplished with a bunch of clicks in preferences, but not very practical.

I'm a little surprised that, today, 'Do Not Disturb' mode still lets notifications ping away.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 36,074 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Luke, I've made this into its own Feature Request as it varies from the original post

Please reference the new conversation here: Mute All Notification Setting
Photo of CJ Patracone

CJ Patracone

• 546 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Luke, that is a good point. Saadet can you add that to the list of improvements as well.
Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 1,120 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi all,

Lots of enhancements coming soon on this topic.  Probably too many to summarize all here - DM/email me for more info: ted.jaffe@ringcentral.com

1. In Q3 we are planning to introduce a new mobile setting that will allow the app to always receive app push notifications for messages regardless of your desktop online status.   This means you should not miss any messages on mobile - ever.  

2. Also in Q3/early Q4 we will be introducing an enhanced DnD (Do not disturb) mode that will become unified with the Glip presence states and additionally will not only block all incoming phone calls but also app notifications on desktop and mobile while in DnD.  When DnD is turned off app notifications would resume as normally configured.

3. We will be introducing an improved experience for badge counts, so that only direct messages, or team messages that include a mention of you (or @team notification coming later) will generate a badge count on your desktop app or mobile app.

As stated above, lots of other details to share here (DM/email if interested) but the Product team knows this is a very important area for our users and customers, so we're working hard on this right now for you all.  And we're also very excited for the enhancements as well!

Take care,
Ted
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 13,528 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
look forward to hearing back from you Ted.