Google Calendar Error with RingCentral Meetings

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I've signed into RingCentral for Mac, RingCentral meetings, and the Google Chrome extension for Ring Central.  I used to be able to select the Ring Central "add meeting" button on Google Calendar to create a new meeting.  However, a few days ago, I started getting this error: 

"App is not authorized in Google". 

I can't figure out how to authorize the app.  Any tips? 

Photo of Cari Tate

Cari Tate

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,254 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Cari,

It should also have a button underneath which says Authorize. If it does not show up there, use the Meetings button on the RingCentral for Google extension. If the app is not authorized yet, the Authorize button will definitely show up when you click the Meetings button.
(Edited)
Hello Cari, no problem. So you should go to the little Settings icon at the bottom of the plug in that looks like a Cog Wheel. Click on that. Then you will see a button that says Authorize. Click on that. If you have more than one Gmail account, it will ask you which account you want to authorize. Choose it and then you will be Authorized. Go back and try to add your RingCentral Meeting in the Calendar now and you should experience no issues.
(Edited)
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks, Lawrence!
Photo of Josh Watkins

Josh Watkins

• 60 Points
Thanks Lawrence,
Switched my sales team over to RC Meetings and they all had this problem.  Great to come in here and look like the hero when I fixed it.  
Josh
Photo of KCT

KCT

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i deleted the old ringcentral for google extension and loaded the newer beta version. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/nflpngdkhgajmlhgjekccpniamlajdeg. it worked as it should once installed and then clicking authorize. it also helped a colleague who works on a mac. (i'm on windows 10)
(Edited)
Photo of Shai M. Caro

Shai M. Caro

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi!

I'm also getting the same problem but this time after clicking the Authorize button in the settings nothing is happening. No pop-up or whatever. What should I do?
Photo of Brittany Mears

Brittany Mears

• 64 Points
were you able to get this fixed? I'm currently in this situation :(
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Brittany,  Take a look at the bottom of this thread.  It seems to have been resolved.  The Beta release didn't seem to fix the issue for my users, but the latest release did:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/nflpngdkhgajmlhgjekccpniamlajdeg
Photo of Joseph Henson

Joseph Henson

This is happening to me as well.  I've tried logging out of the RC extension and logging back in, then even uninstalling and reinstalling the RC extension.  Nothing.  It's incredibly frustrating.
Photo of Edward Dobbertin

Edward Dobbertin, Champion

I too am experiencing this issue.  For what it is worth, I am using the new Google calendar UI.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Official Response
Hey Everyone,

Please open a case so we can investigate!

Selecting Open Case brings me into ricg central login.  Once logged in when I select open case it again brings me to the login screen.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

That's strange....you can always call our Support Line or contact our Chat Support
Photo of Cari Tate

Cari Tate

Can you just open it up for us?  It's obviously a larger issue. 
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Sorry, Cari, no. You must provide the information to the support agent of what's going on, your contact info, etc. All of which I don't have.
Photo of Ed Marciniak

Ed Marciniak

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We are having this issue as well I am on the phone with a support rep now. Here are the things I have attempted:

1. Reinstalled RC Extension
2. Reinstalled Chrome
3. Logged out of all sessions Google\RC
4. Deleted RC and Chrome profile folder from AppData\Local\Roaming wherever it appeared
5. Tried both classic and modern calendar on GSuite

This needs to be resolved ASAP. 
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Thanks, Ed. Please open a case and include the steps you've taken. It will help the agent troubleshooting tremendously! 

I too have spoken with a support rep and the issue has been escalated.  I will provide an update as soon as I receive one.
Photo of David White

David White

• 70 Points
I also just filed a case about this. It was all working not that long ago, and this is a major inconvenience for our business. 
Photo of Dierdre

Dierdre

• 844 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Just a thought... I was having this error some time ago, and I remembered I have several Google accounts logged in at the same time. I have logged out of all my accounts and logged back in to the one where I need the meeting added. I clicked the gear icon (Settings) then went ahead and authorized the app. It was working since then. It may be different from your set up, but you can go ahead and check.
(Edited)
Photo of David White

David White

• 70 Points
I just tried this -- did not work unfortunately. Logged in and out of all Google accounts several times. 
Photo of Joseph Henson

Joseph Henson

So the particular error I'm experiencing doesn't have to do with multiple Google accounts, although I've had that issue in the past, too.  Several people in our office are having the current problem, so we contact support, and apparently it appears to be an issue with MacOS High Sierra.  So if you're using a Mac and you've recently updated to the latest OS version, that's your problem.  No idea yet on what the fix will be or when we'll get it.
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

This is also happening on Chrome, Windows 10.
Photo of Joseph Henson

Joseph Henson

Well if that's true that blows up what RC support told us. :(  I'll test it later on my personal Windows 10 machine.
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

The authorize button shows but clicking doesn't do a thing.  I'd be curious to hear what you find when you test your Win 10.  Thanks,
Photo of Joseph Henson

Joseph Henson

Yeah that's the same behavior we reported to support.  I'll post again to update once I'm able to test.
Photo of Ed Marciniak

Ed Marciniak

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have tested on Windows 7 and 10 and its not working on either for me. 
Photo of Dan Sellers

Dan Sellers

• 60 Points
Im still on El Capitan and it is happening to me too, so I think it is a Chrome, New Calendar update issue most likely.
Photo of Joseph Henson

Joseph Henson

It was working fine for me for several weeks even after the new Google Calendar update. Don't think that's it.
Photo of Gleb Klimenko

Gleb Klimenko

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Majority of my colleagues have this issue on windows 10. I've called RingCentral, they couldn't tell a thing. In the end blamed it on google. I called google, they told that they have nothing to do with the extension and there's no settings that can limit that in GSuite admin panel.

So it must be the RIngCentral. The only question is why it works with some accounts/devices and does not with other.

Also, the integration with Google Drive in Glip does not work for these people. So it seems like Ringcentral and Google just stopped talking to each other. 
Photo of Gleb Klimenko

Gleb Klimenko

Majority of my colleagues have this issue on windows 10. I've called RingCentral, they couldn't tell a thing. In the end blamed it on google. I called google, they told that they have nothing to do with the extension and there's no settings that can limit that in GSuite admin panel.

So it must be the RIngCentral. The only question is why it works with some accounts/devices and does not with other.

Also, the integration with Google Drive in Glip does not work for these people. So it seems like Ringcentral and Google just stopped talking to each other. 
Photo of KCT

KCT

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue with Windows 10, Ringcentral latest versions. have uninstalled and reinstalled. currently on call with support. 
Photo of Gabriel Martinelli

Gabriel Martinelli

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
KCT. Same here...win10, latest versions, same procedures. I have an open ticket, still waiting for them to reply, but let us know if they solve for you and how, please! 
Photo of Diffric Jackson

Diffric Jackson

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ive opened a ticket as well
RC ticket number 06696225
Photo of Diffric Jackson

Diffric Jackson

just finished a call with rc support.  says there is a master ticket re this issue and that theyve possibly found a fix and are in testing.  that testing shld be complete early next week...
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

If you hear anything further please post - thx...
Photo of Diffric Jackson

Diffric Jackson

All, they've created a new extension which is working right now... stay tuned.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/nflpngdkhgajmlhgjekccpniamlajdeg
Photo of Rosa Guthrie

Rosa Guthrie

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/nflpngdkhgajmlhgjekccpniamlajdeg
goes to the 3.1.6.2. version.  But if I search for "RingCentral" in the Chrome extensions section, I get a 3.1.7 version (which did not work for me either... and clicking authorize doesn't do anything).
Photo of Gleb Klimenko

Gleb Klimenko

Exactly same issue for some of the users in our account.

Opened a ticket too, 06709966.

The support was quite bad tho, they just blamed Google. and couldn't really follow the point of it. Hope it will be solved soon. 
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

If you hear anything further please post - thx..
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

Interestly enough, I can use the Ring Central Desktop Client to create a meeting appointment and it will drop it into my google calendar fine.  Seems it may be some issue between the Chrome extension and the authorization process.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are right Doug.. this is an issue with the Chrome extension that they are working on now.  I just checked this morning but don't have an update yet. 
Photo of Gabriel Martinelli

Gabriel Martinelli

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
*** EDIT ***

When you close the browser and open again, it goes back to unauthorized state :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was experiencing the same error, clicking on "Authorize" was doing nothing, but i managed to fix it doing those steps:

- Logout from RC in the Extension
- Logout from GMail

- Login on RC Extension
- Click on the "GEAR" > "Authorize"

- Login on GMail again

* Make sure pop-ups aren't being blocked *

Worked good on RC Extension v3.1.6.1
(Edited)
Photo of Diffric Jackson

Diffric Jackson

Photo of Rosa Guthrie

Rosa Guthrie

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ringcentral-for-google/nflpngdkhgajmlhgjekccpniamlajdeg
goes to the 3.1.6.2. version.  But if I search for "RingCentral" in the Chrome extensions section, I get a 3.1.7 version (which did not work for me either... and clicking authorize doesn't do anything).
Photo of Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson

• 62 Points
Thanks Diffric, that version worked (had to go through the Authorize menu again but it worked).  Mac/Chrome setup.
Photo of Joseph Henson

Joseph Henson

Yes, I too had to go through the authorize menu again, but it's working for me now.  Thanks!
Photo of Doug Pietrowski

Doug Pietrowski

Looks like it's working here too.