How To Provision a Grandstream DP715 SIP Phone

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I am trying to configure a Grandstream DP715 cordless phone. I am able to get network connectivity, but the base will not register. I feel that I am missing something. Has anyone had any luck configuring these phones?
Photo of Sean McMillan

Sean McMillan

• 70 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Stephen Dolenski

Stephen Dolenski

• 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
make sure that your type in a known good DNS server address other then your cable provider - try something like google 8.8.8.8 - On basic settings tab > DNS Server 1

and on your profile tab make sure that you add the port number to the outbound proxy: sip20.ringcentral.com:5092

I have this phone - and were working fine for the past six months or so but for the past month it seems to un-register different handsets at random. Or i go and pickup the phone and dial the call and it won't connect - or when a call comes in i have to hit the green button a few times to hear the other person - sometimes cycling thru the speaker phone.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The cordless technology may have something to do with your registration problems. We are just now getting around to offering a pre-provisioned cordless IP phone - as of today (2/26/14), it's not available for sale on our website, but it should be soon.

Did you try the instructions in this PDF? It's not super up to date, but the basic information should be correct.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The cordless technology may have something to do with your registration problems. We are just now getting around to offering a pre-provisioned cordless IP phone - as of today (2/25/14), it's not available for sale on our website, but it should be soon.

Did you try the instructions in this PDF? It's not super up to date, but the basic information should be correct.
(Edited)
Photo of Rick Justis

Rick Justis

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I was having lots of trouble setting up an unsupported phone till I saw this post.  the instructions on the ringcentral site for "other" phones says to use port 5090, not 5092.  They need to change the instructions.  5092 worked.

Photo of Evan Allen

Evan Allen

• 60 Points
I attempted this fix, and got no results.  I'm trying to connect Two Grandstream 1405's and one DP715.  I cannot get the Sip registration to go through and have been waiting 3 days for a response to this issue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.