Have a Teams Admin

• Idea
  • Updated 3 days ago
Have a Teams Admin - it would be very helpful if there was a Teams Admin that had the ability to edit team members without being part of that team.  This issue limits our company from using Glip because of end user trust that everybody is included in the Glip message vs email groups.  
Photo of Dan Davis

Dan Davis

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Keith Lazarus

Keith Lazarus

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is a 9mo post but I just wanted to voice my support for Dan's idea.  As the admin for our system, it's very inconvenient that I'm not able to add/remove users to groups created by others or that I'm not a member of. 
Photo of AYan

AYan

• 584 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This is a great idea! As Admins we need to have this sort of visibility and control especially if there are organizational changes.
Photo of Keith Lazarus

Keith Lazarus

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I continue to think that this is a good idea (after all, it's implemented in virtually every other system out there).  It seems ridiculous to me that as a Site Administrator, that I don't have the ability the manage team memberships for teams created by other users. I can handle the argument that in a small number of cases that the current approach would be preferable (i.e. if I had a super-sensitive group and I wanted to manage membership myself, rather than allowing IT to get involved) but I'd consider this the exception rather than the rule.
Photo of Chris Rosa

Chris Rosa

• 1,322 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Great idea. The lack of admin control of Teams and RC App/Glip in general is concerning. How do I as a super admin see all teams for our company? Currently I can only see teams I'm a member of, and public teams. Membership management is another thing that would be invaluable. Not to mention, logging/notification...like when a team is created and by whom, if one was archived, etc.

If you want this app to be the all-in-one app you plan for it to be, you need to give admins better insight and control.
(Edited)