have call queue calls ring when a user is already on a call from the call queue

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
We have a handful of users on a call queue, say 3.  If all 3 users are on a call from the queue and a 4th person calls in they don't see that anyone else called in as they are already on a call.  I think it should be an option which if you are on a call queue call and another call comes in you get notified just like if someone was calling you directly.  You may be on a low priority call when a very important call comes in and you'd like to speak to the person before it goes to voice mail.
Photo of Houk Admin

Houk Admin

• 70 Points

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Annie Jane

Annie Jane

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi, my name is Annie.
Our Bridge Operator for Ring Central will let you see line state for all your users as well as give you some queue visibility.  This may help with the problem you are facing.  Have a look and see.
-Annie

Photo of David Laake

David Laake

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What is a Bridge Operator?
Photo of Trae Cloyd

Trae Cloyd

• 74 Points
Bridge Operator Console is a third party app that works similarly to the desktop app but has more visibility features. We were using it for our receptionist but the call quality was poor so we stopped using it for now.
Photo of Annie Jane

Annie Jane

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Trae, I am very sorry you had a poor experience.  Have you worked with out technical support to ensure everything is set up optimally?  There is no charge for this and the guys are eager to help.  We are using the same webRTC library that the RingCentral App (Glip) is using, so the experience should be very similar.
-Annie
Photo of Trae Cloyd

Trae Cloyd

• 74 Points
We are looking to explore it once we resume working from the office again but both RC Tech support and BOC support pointed at our network as the issue without hesitation. We support 3 floors of employees and have a full time network team. Our analysis showed that the network was working fine. 
Photo of David Laake

David Laake

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree with your suggestion for the call Queue. For one of my clients we had to switch to using a Ring Group instead of a Call Queue. It allows not only visibility of the call but it also allows the current call to be put on hold while answering the second call. With a Call Queue the original call needs to be disconnected from the station to be able to answer. There are trade offs when using the Ring Group vs. the Call Queue so those will need to be evaluated for your specific situation.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,838 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
David has a great point. You can check out more information about Ring Groups here