Headset not working with Polycom VVX-311

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
I'm trying to install a Plantronics SupraPlus HW251N to a Polycom VVX-311 but the phone isn't detecting it at all. I went through the phone settings and set the headset to "Plantronics", the phone rebooted but there was no dial tone coming from the headset nor could it make calls out.
Photo of Kevin Tam

Kevin Tam

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,358 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Here are a few things to check:

1. Did you double check you have the interface plugged into the headset port not the handset port on the back of the phone?

2. If that Plantronics model needs a HookSwitchAdapter - do  you have the right version for it?

3. Did you double check if that particular model requires the HookSwitchAdapter choice checkboxed in the phone hardware via the web interface?
Photo of Kevin Tam

Kevin Tam

Alright I checked all of these in order.

1. I have the interface plugged into the correct port

2. I have a Hook Switch Adapter connected to the headset.

3. I don't know where to set this option on the web interface, I set the physical phone to the Plantronics HookSwitchAdapter and still nothing.

Anything else I can try?
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Do you know what version of firmware is in the handset you are trying to program?  In the web configuration utility Go to   Preferences > Additional Preferences     Check if the headset mode is ENABLE   or DISABLED 
Photo of Kevin Tam

Kevin Tam

I have no idea where to find this, when I go into the settings of the phone on the web I don't see this setting anywhere. Where can I find this? I'm using a VVX-311, not a VVX-500.
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

You may need to have administrator level access --- your support team at RingCentral will be able to advise you if you open a ticket --- or we may have other Admins here with that phone model series who can assist further
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,248 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kevin,

I would suggest contacting either Polycom or Plantronic's Support Team. I verified that the headset you purchased is compatible with the phone - either company would have more information regarding how to properly set up the headset. 
Photo of Kevin Tam

Kevin Tam

I contacted Plantronics and they told me that I needed a different cable for the headset. They recommended one for me and I ordered it.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 35,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Awesome! Glad they could help :)