What headsets can I use RingCentral for Desktop?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

I am not sure if this question has been already answered but will I be able to use any type of headset with the desktop app by either USB or 3.5mm plugged into the computer or are there only specific types of headsets approved with the Ring Central desktop app????
Photo of Antonio Peters

Antonio Peters

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • anxious

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 29,588 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It depends on your PC and the sound card you are using.  But, generally speaking - yes.  I've tested a couple headsets and I love the Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390.  My OS is W8.1 and I use a Conexant Smart Audio HD 8.50.12.0 sound card.  
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,780 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for chiming in Danno!

As Danno mentioned it really depends on your sound card, but it should work with just about any USB or 3.5mm headset.  It becomes more complicated if you are using a USB Bluetooth device.  We are working on adding more bluetooth supported devices.  Most of them will work, but you may not have full call control. You can follow this thread for bluetooth/wirelss devices.  Desktop App: Recommended Wireless Headsets

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.