Hello, I have multiple users getting a pop up when they try to log into Ring Central --javascript error

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Javascript error pop up when trying to log into Ring Central
Photo of Conpute Service

Conpute Service

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Arun Guha

Arun Guha

• 948 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
RC technical support issue. Has a case been posted to RC Support? 
Photo of Conpute Service

Conpute Service

No I was unable to submit this case in the usual case portal. It was giving me an error trying to sign in. So I went here for other support.
Thanks
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Can you post a screenshot of what error you are receiving when trying to submit a support case? 
Photo of Conpute Service

Conpute Service

I actually just was able to log in. i have submitted a case 10519623
thanks

• 13,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Perfect, thank you! 
Photo of Arun Guha

Arun Guha

Aaaargh.... I was able to login at https://support.ringcentral.com/s/?language=en_US and update one of my many support cases. 

The pop-up describes an error related to GLIP and an RC class. First inclination is to uninstall GLIP.

Our install base only uses RC admin, no users use any of the apps or Web apps or GLIP. Too many issues.  
Photo of Conpute Service

Conpute Service

Thanks I tried to log in now and it worked :)
Photo of Amanda B

Amanda B

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are seeing this too for version 20.2.2.  We had to go into the appdata folder and run the exe for 20.2.1 as a workaround. Hoping they get it fixed. 
Photo of Arun Guha

Arun Guha

Great work on finding a WORK-around ! Though, it's a shame these kinds of problems occur. 
Photo of Jeff Busch

Jeff Busch

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same issue with many users.  No work-around ability as file is not there.
Photo of CT Logic

CT Logic

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is the kind of stuff we IT service providers don't need during this global crisis.  RC please don't push out updates or changes during this!
Photo of Arun Guha

Arun Guha

I second the motion.

• 13,838 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Is anyone using a VDI and experiencing this error?  
Photo of CT Logic

CT Logic

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes - well technically RDS on server 2016.  Need permanent fix ASAP as client seems to be autoupdating back to 20.2.2.
Photo of Thomas Stewart

Thomas Stewart

• 60 Points
I am running into the same issue but with RDS on server 2012 r2.  Tried uninstalling the RC app, and clearing the app data in the user folder.  Then installed a previous version and it autoupdates back to 20.2.2 giving the Javascript error. 
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm on an AWS WorkSpaces environment. I did the same thing that Amanda and Thomas provided above. What I've done to remedy, I allowed the v20.2.2 to update. I renamed the RingCentral.exe (v20.2.2) from the Glip folder to RingCentral.old. That way it won't auto-start the version 20.2.2 and created a shortcut of v20.2.1 on the desktop. The user can manually start the RingCentral app from the desktop. JavaScript no longer appears. I did opened a support ticket with RingCentral, the responded with a link to version 20.2.1 to download from and haven't heard since. It's been over a week now.
Photo of Michael

Michael

It's going to the third week. Still no response.
Photo of Amanda B

Amanda B

Yes, ours are running Windows Server 2016. 
Photo of Jeff Busch

Jeff Busch

This is happening in our 2012 and 2016 VDI environment.  It is caused by version 20.2.2 auto updating.  version 20.2.1 is OK.  We had to uninstall 20.2.2 and push 20.2.1 with a custom json file so as to NOT auto-update.
Photo of Jason Gatza

Jason Gatza

• 62 Points
Do you mind sharing how you configured the json file? We want to block auto updates in our AWS Workspaces and this might be the way.
Photo of Jeff Busch

Jeff Busch

We opened a support ticket and got our Customer Success Manager involved. They met with the Devs and sent us a file that we had to include in a folder so the update would NOT auto occur.  Our staff is testing an auto-uninstall still as this is major hold-up
Photo of Michael

Michael

Hi Jeff, would you be able to share to the group what the devs provided you? Thanks!
Photo of Michael Schnabel

Michael Schnabel

• 60 Points
This is also happening to us on a virtual machine.
Photo of Amanda B

Amanda B

The excuse I got from support was it's not compatible with a Server OS.  It worked just fine with 20.2.1. 
Photo of Dom F.

Dom F.

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Our organization was affected by this problem last Friday. We are in an RDS environment where the RC application had been working well. We opened a support ticket last week, and have done probably more testing and troubleshooting than we should have to determine what's going on. We provided this detail to support, and that ticket remains open.

Thanks to Amanda B for her suggestion to use the 20.2.1 executable directly; that is a viable workaround for us now. I urge RingCentral's devs to focus on this soon, please.
Photo of Dom F.

Dom F.

Sadly, I have been unable to get any response from RC support about a follow-up on my open support case on this issue, yet they released a new update. Does anyone have any experience on whether 20.2.20 solved the JavaScript error issue?
Photo of ICS ICS

ICS ICS

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, I have not received any response back from my case submission either. I am not sure why they have the RC community when no one in RC response to them. My client is deciding to move to another platform as this is unacceptable practice.
Photo of Jennifer Chang

Jennifer Chang

• 60 Points
I also have this error. I am on hold with RC tech support phone line now. 
Photo of Ayden

Ayden

• 62 Points
If someone else running Windows Server could try to confirm, this error resolved for me after installing Wireless Lan Services (via Add Roles and Features), even though the machine is not on a wireless network.
Photo of Mario Lopez

Mario Lopez

I added the Wireless Lan Service and it seems to work in Windows Server 2016.  Not sure why this is needed.
Photo of TCS IT

TCS IT

• 408 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
One of my users is getting this error on a mac OSX install. Sorry for the photo, this is what I was sent. Could someone post the solution or workaround or is there an update at this stage?

Can anyone confirm if they are still experiencing this issue if they use the web browser version at app.glip.com?
Photo of ICS ICS

ICS ICS

The issue is not on the web browser and the user insist on using the desktop version. I have submitted a case and no one in devteam responded close to a resolute. Or worse, no responses at all.
Photo of TCS IT

TCS IT

• 408 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My user does not get this error on the browser, but our preference is for desktop for our users. We're on RC Classic due to the feature gap on the new RC app.
(Edited)

Official Response
I just received confirmation from our product team that a fix is coming mid July. 
Photo of ICS ICS

ICS ICS

Thank you for the update. That's all I need to know to convey to my client.
Photo of Dom F.

Dom F.

Jessica -- I also appreciate your providing some more concrete information. We'll continue with the an older version or with the web app for the time being.