Justin Diablo

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,506 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Justin, 

RingCentral Meetings does have virtual backgrounds. Check out this KB article here for more information! 
Photo of Peg Eitl

Peg Eitl

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The issue is quality.  Without a green screen, the virtual background is useless.
Photo of Daniel Trojer

Daniel Trojer

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
completely useless. absolute joke of a feature . who has a green screen . how is this not available. 
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 1,178 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Jessica.  I see what people are complaining about:  If you start a video meeting with the Unified App (formerly Glip) it's have the virtual background-works pretty good.  However, when you use RingCentral Meetings app, it's terrible.  Can you get a ticket open with RC support to evaluate and resolve this issue?
Photo of Jeff Faber

Jeff Faber

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jessica, I came to ask almost the same thing - Zoom have recently added a plugin that makes the Virtual Background work even without a greenscreen (or reasonable substitute) - do you know if and when this capability will make its way to RCM?  Thanks.

• 13,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jeff, 

I haven't heard anything about this feature being made available. If/when i hear anything I will post here :) 
Photo of Derek Jones

Derek Jones

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on this?

Our team just switched from zoom, and we all used virtual backgrounds, but in RingCentral virtual background doesn't work without greenscreen. In zoom there is an option "I have a greenscreen" which you can uncheck and it works great. RingCentral does not have this.

Please add/expose this option

thanks,
Derek

Photo of Brian Hanrahan

Brian Hanrahan

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It's much more than a "vanity" option for remote workers, FYI. Strongly support this!

No additional info yet! 
Photo of Stephen

Stephen

• 62 Points
Jessica/RC, please provide an update on when the non-green screen option will be enabled.  Without it the virtual background feature is relatively useless.  Is it in the road map?
Photo of K McDaid

K McDaid

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We have staff that are called on to do TV interviews, now that we are in a WFH situation, having a virtual background, that works with out a green screen, would have been ideal.  

Hey Stephen, 

We haven't been given any information on the status of this. 
Photo of Rique

Rique

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
When using this without green screen enabled, RC Meetings virtual backgrounds flash with an effect which is almost strobe-like. It is completely unusable. Is there a workaround?
Photo of AQG

AQG

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was just on a meeting ....he had zoom and could enable virtual background without a green screen. When will this be available....I thought we were subscribing to a service that had the latest zoom technology? Do we need to scrap RC and go to zoom direct? Its now a real priority...
Photo of Stuart Rudner

Stuart Rudner

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
agreed - hopefully RC can get this working
Photo of Holly Pena

Holly Pena

agree completely.  considering a switch to zoom for all our services for this reason.
Photo of Holly Pena

Holly Pena

agree completely.  considering a switch to zoom for all our services for this reason.
Photo of Tyler Sims

Tyler Sims

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I don't understand why this can't be fixed easily. RingCentral Meetings uses Zoom doesn't it? Just do it. We are using it now more than ever and cannot use the virtual background because of the choppiness.
Photo of Tyler Sims

Tyler Sims

I don't understand why this can't be fixed easily. RingCentral Meetings uses Zoom doesn't it? Just do it. We are using it now more than ever and cannot use the virtual background because of the choppiness.
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 1,118 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Holly, Tyler and Stuart, you just need to turn it on.  You will need to log into RingCentral> Meetings > Meetings Settings:  
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 1,118 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Remember, when you are using RC Meetings it is Zoom in the backend.
Photo of Peg Eitl

Peg Eitl

Ronda, it's not the same!  I have used Zoom and the virtual background is clean.  On Ring Central it is choppy and poor quality without a perfect background.  One of my peers is using a blank white wall and it's ok ... if you have any variation or different color wall, even with the tool to match the color, the background will not load properly.
Photo of John Blessing

John Blessing

• 62 Points
Agree Zoom virtual background works without a solid background why can't RC
(Edited)
Photo of B D

B D

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Here with the same issue.  Start the meeting in the RC App (glip) and its good.  Start in RC Meetings---background is useless.
Photo of Lenissa Dumlao

Lenissa Dumlao

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are there plans on giving RC customers this capability? With everyone working remotely at this time, many users are requesting virtual backgrounds. I agree, if RC is powered by zoom, why do we not yet have this capability?
(Edited)
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 1,078 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Please see my previous comment.  You just need to turn it on.
Photo of Peg Eitl

Peg Eitl

Not true.  The issue is quality and this capability within RC is dependent on a professional green screen background.  Otherwise, it's not usable.
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

That is weird Peg.  I totally get it now.  I am running my meetings from the Unified App.  when I use that, it's great.  However, if I go through the meetings app, I see exactly what you are talking about!!!  I will open a ticket on this.... stay tuned!  This is bizarre.  Have you tried downloading the Unified app?  Previously... GLIP.
Photo of Daniel Trojer

Daniel Trojer

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Using unified app. 
Photo of Daniel Trojer

Daniel Trojer

unchecking green screen option. it simply doesn't work 
Photo of Daniel Trojer

Daniel Trojer

my specs are way adequate. 
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

Weird: Unified App version 20.2.11, Build 32.  
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

my specs:
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

Daniel.. .want to do a quick meeting..?
Photo of Daniel Trojer

Daniel Trojer

no thanks, I appreciate that, it is more a function for our sales team who needs to apply the background. it is just too convoluted to try and use for the team. Any idea how far behind RC is from zoom that is is built on? 
Photo of Heidi Baines

Heidi Baines

• 70 Points
Ronda I would like to do a meeting if you think you can figure this out that way.  My screen looks the same as Daniel's.  I tried to follow what Tyler Sim's did on earlier post but couldn't find the settings like he had in unified app, even when I was in the unifed app.  Another great option that zoom has would be to "blur" the background.
Photo of Jon Gibbs

Jon Gibbs

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is everyone else experience choppy virtual background that does not work even with solid colors?
Photo of K McDaid

K McDaid

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
On RC it only works well when you use a high quality green screen as the backdrop.  With the lower quality green screens you get the head "shimmer". On other colored solid backgrounds its choppy.  On Zoom it seems to work fine regardless of what kind of background you are using.
Photo of Dallas Gilmore

Dallas Gilmore

It works for me on Zoom when I un-check "I have a green screen". This option is not available on RingCentral.
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This feature is available.  You may need to follow my recommendations above.
Photo of Tyler Sims

Tyler Sims

I have opened a case with RingCentral to see. Zoom as everyone says works perfectly when unchecking I have a green screen. Since RingCentral Meetings is powered by Zoom, I don't see why they can't make this available. We really need this option, otherwise, we will have to switch.
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

from what I have seen with other customers, is you cannot move that fast you get a little choppy. 
Photo of Dan Henriques

Dan Henriques

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hey RingCentral - the virtual background doesn't work without a green screen, yet for Zoom it does. Get this option fixed in the next update and let users have the option to un-check "i have a green screen". Major points if you get this solved!!!
Photo of Ronda Tappan

Ronda Tappan, Champion

I use this all the time Dan with very little issue.. just a little choppy.  You don't have to select I have a green room.  Unless you have one :) 
Photo of Daniel Trojer

Daniel Trojer

yeah works amazing. hahaha great job ring central. 

Photo of Dan Henriques

Dan Henriques

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ronda, in my Virtual Background settings there is no box for me select that I am not using a green room. This option was there before I did my last update, and now it is gone. 
Hi everyone, 
This option is there on the RingCentral unified apps > Meetings Settings. (The screens are a little different, but you should be able to login to the unified apps with your existing IDs). Those settings will then work for that client. 
The standalone RingCentral Meetings will be getting this in the next upgrade (tentatively May'20)
Hope that helps! 
Photo of K McDaid

K McDaid

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, the option is there but have you tried it? It’s unusable. They even warn you when you turn it on ,that you need a green screen background to get it to function better. Zoom has no requirements like that and their version of this option works well.
Photo of Dan Henriques

Dan Henriques

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Agree - when you finish this update be sure to get it so that people dont need a solid background or green screen to use the feature. 
Photo of Dallas Gilmore

Dallas Gilmore

Thank you! Where is unified apps located, website or application? 
Photo of Jenn

Jenn, Official Rep

• 1,816 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dallas!

Our unified app located here!
Choose the version 20.2.2

Thanks! 
Photo of Dallas Gilmore

Dallas Gilmore

Hello Jenn, thank you but I have both RingCentral and RingCentral Meetings downloaded on Windows  already. Not seeing the "Green Screen" checkbox option inside the app. Do you have a screen shot? :) 
Photo of Tyler Sims

Tyler Sims

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes! It works through the unified app!
Photo of Usha Vargas

Usha Vargas

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree, thank goddness.  However, in the Unified App, is there a way to "import" all of your previously scheduled meetings from the RC Meetings App?
Photo of Tyler Sims

Tyler Sims

Everyone - it works through the unified RingCentral App - just go to RingCentral Meetings through there! 
Photo of Heidi Baines

Heidi Baines

• 70 Points
How did you get to settings in the unified app?  
Photo of Susie Keehner

Susie Keehner

• 0 Points
Virtual Background is turned on - but I don't see the same screen where there is a check box for I have a green screen?
Photo of Dallas Gilmore

Dallas Gilmore

Ah! If you go to "Video" on the bottom right, then sync outlook meetings through the app it works that way! Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of AQG

AQG

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
One problem you need to have a quad core and min i7 processor.
Photo of Lenissa Dumlao

Lenissa Dumlao

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
right, a majority of users in our company are using i5. Our IT techs let us know i5 are pretty standard. Jenn, can you let us know if RC plans to make the virtual backgrounds work without the i7 processor requirement? We can use the backgrounds on zoom, just fine. If you can let us know that would be great. 
Photo of David Nielson

David Nielson

• 60 Points
The virtual backgrounds (without a green screen) work pretty well on most cell phones when using the 'Zoom' app... Why in the world would you need an i7?? Something is not right here... 
(Edited)
Photo of Ryan Lahti

Ryan Lahti

• 60 Points
I have an I7 processor as well as Win10 and 64-bit OS as RC says is required. It still does not work even with the unified RC App despite the fact that it works on the Zoom app. Does anyone else meet the RC specs and still have the problem?
Photo of Jenn

Jenn, Official Rep

• 1,916 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ryan!

The specs of your computer are great!
We are still improving! We will update you once the virtual background will be available in our own RingCentral unified App. 

Thanks! 
Photo of Prashant Pathak

Prashant Pathak

• 60 Points
I have an i7 but not a quad core ... zoom works fine without green screen .. ring central does not work ... it also does not let me "uncheck" the green screen check box .. 
Photo of Sandon

Sandon

• 70 Points
I have an i7-1065G7 @ 1.30GHz QuadCore and my virtual background is glitchy and I also cannot uncheck the green screen check box.  I much prefer Zoom's application...
Photo of Sandon

Sandon

• 70 Points
Oh, and I have Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit too.  
Photo of Bob Bell

Bob Bell

• 60 Points
we are a new RC Subscriber and this is very bothersome. I really don't want my customers seeing my employees bedrooms. When will this be fixed? I downloaded the latest unified App per your above recommendation and I see no option to address the green screen?? Please advise
Photo of Bill Fox

Bill Fox

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would also like to be informed when the background is available with mirroring.