Help with Unsupported or 3rd party equipment.

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
  • (Edited)
Need help with unsupported  or 3rd party equipment?  Feel free to post to this thread and solicit help from other Community members. 

From time to time we get question from customers who are using unsupported equipment; routers, phones, headsets, or other equipment we may not be able to assist with. 

Mike
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,578 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Adlai Grutas

Adlai Grutas

• 434 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Panasonic DECT KX-TGP600.

Has anyone tried this with your ringcentral account: Panasonic DECT KX-TGP600?

I am looking for a cordless phone in which I can set the repeater in a daisy-chain fashion / cascade / series. We have three buildings adjacent from one another and I would like to be able to have the cordless phones to move around the location without moving to another line/extension.

If you have any suggestion on the setup, that would be great as well.
Photo of BRENNSKAG

BRENNSKAG

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Adlai, I was able to successfully provision 2 set of Panasonic KX-TGP550 phones to RC today without a hitch.  The first set I called and had RC Support to assist with provisioning.  It went so smoothly, I could not hardly believe how easy it was.  I did the second set at another location on my own in about 3 minutes. You need to be able to access the phone via a browser and know the username/password.  

Joe
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Re-program Avaya Phones to work with RingCentral.

We have a lot of Avaya Phones 9650 series. Is it possible to re-program these phones to work with RingCentral?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,368 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Alex here are the instructions to Set up a Third Party SIP Phone

Perhaps another on this thread has tried this phone. If so feel free to chime in here. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,578 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Has anyone on this thread ever used Android Auto?  If so There's a discussion on the following page if you care to join in.   https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/android-auto-and-apple-carplay
Photo of Dino Tomelden

Dino Tomelden

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have an Algo 8180 Paging Device that is SIP capable.  I would like to add this as "Other" but that option is no longer available.  When I add as "paging device" I receive the 403 Forbidden error.  Anyone else have success adding unsupported third party Paging Devices?  Thanks!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,418 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Dino Tomelden ,  Dino, do you have a specific question or problem? 
Photo of Dino Tomelden

Dino Tomelden

Figured it out.  Thanks!
Photo of HOLCOMBE

HOLCOMBE

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Do you support Meraki MC74 VOIP phones?  Is there a way to configure them manually to support RingCentral?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,418 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For a 3rd party/unsuppported phone, follow the steps on this page: Can I provision a 3rd party unsupported phone?
Photo of Michael Little

Michael Little

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Panasonic KX-TGP500 Setup Help.

I need help setting up a Panasonic KX-TGP500 SIP DECT Phone System. Does anyone have any tips or is there a walk through for this phone?
Photo of Phil Harris

Phil Harris, Champion

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our company purchased a Polycom VVX401. I can not transfer calls, see the other phones in the office, see voice mails, etc. RingCentral tells me this is because this model needs to be set up manually and cannot be automatically configured. After two months of phone calls Ring Central advised me to call Polycom. Polycom will not answer technical questions regarding reseller accounts. Can anyone assist?
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,566 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Phill you will not like this answer but any phone not on the supported list will not have full functionality

There are many polycom and Cisco that are supported at all price points

Why this phone specifically?

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
chuck@yoritguy.com
Photo of Phil Harris

Phil Harris, Champion

Finally! A straight answer. I have been working with RingCentral tech support for 3 months.
Our company purchased this phone not realizing that the VVX400 was supported, but not the VVX401.
I think at this point I will just sell the 401 and buy a new supported phone. Thanks for the info.
Photo of Kris Wolton

Kris Wolton, Champion

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Softphone Licenses Mac & PC in Bootcamp.

I have a Mac and use BootCamp so run in both Windows and OSX. Because i work in IT, i often switch between the two. I need to be able to run my soft phone on both platforms with the same extension. This is made almost impossible by the restriction of 1 PC license. If i authorized my PC and want to authorize my Mac i have to go through the hassle of adding myself to the ring groups again.

Is it possible to up the limit on the softphone installs to 2? We cannot run them simultaneously so.

My issue is slightly more urgent now as my softphone crashes constantly in Windows, so i would like to use my Mac to avoid this.
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 57,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Kris, 

At this time you can have one license per machine. Your situation is quite unique so I'm curious to see if anyone on this thread has any ideas
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 23,538 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I am in the same situation and gave up on the desktop app soft phone  for this same  reason and also the reason that I can't have it running at my regular and home office.  RC should really consider a way to allow the soft phone to run on more than one machine at a time.  I can't think of any other voip provider that has the same limitation.  Many providers let you have unlimited devices/soft phones per paid user, in fact.

I just use the mobile app and desk phone and leave the desktop app running, but without soft phone enabled.
Photo of Kris Wolton

Kris Wolton, Champion

Hi Brandon,

I completely agree, it's really annoying that RC limit you on softphone licenses. I know Mitel for instance allow 4 devices to be licensed. Working on multiple PC's and OS's i really need this feature.

Kris
Photo of Kris Wolton

Kris Wolton, Champion

Any update on this? I don't see why RC should limit people to one softphone install and make it so complicated to change this in the console. It's not like we're going to be using them at the same time. It's not that unusual that people will have a mac/pc or a PC and a laptop, or a PC at home and a PC at work.

It still means they are only logged in once at a time.

I am currently looking at other cloud providers as i have had enough of RC.

If you haven't already, please vote for the ability to have more instances of the softphone.
Photo of RC Panda

RC Panda

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Wirecast Integration and Soundboard with RingCentral.

I signed up with RingCentral CA and currently happy with the service. I am trying to integrate it with Wirecast and connect it to my Soundboard for webcasting. Audio is good when calls are coming in but the recording has static. Would like to have a good configuration / settings for it to work. The support site only show supported headphones. 
Photo of Howard Stroud

Howard Stroud

• 60 Points
I recently switched and I am using a Polycom VVX 201 with a Plantronics C054 cordless headset and an Plantronics Ehs 38439-11 Ehs App-51 attachment to make them work together since I already had the headset on my old pots system. While leaving a voicemail for a patient though it kept hanging up unless I use the corded handset on the VVX 201. Do I need to get a different headset or should this not be happening?

Hey Howard,

Hmmm...that's odd. I would suggest checking out our Recommended Headsets - since these are the ones we've tested and know work. I would also suggest contacting Plantronic's Support. They may have a better idea if there's maybe something wrong with the firmware or maybe even your cord is going bad. There are a lot of things that could be going on here, but that's where I would start!
Photo of Martyn Jepson

Martyn Jepson

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having a nightmare trying to register a Grandstream GXV3240. Does anyone who has done this before have tips outside of the obvious basics? The guide is not very helpful and looks really dated.

Have tried factory resetting the device etc.
Photo of Martyn Jepson

Martyn Jepson

Photo of Martyn Jepson

Martyn Jepson

I have resolved this. For anyone else having the same problem, you need to : the port number on the outbound proxy, but not on the standard SIP server port, that is entered in the SIP settings page.

• 59,156 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for posting your tip, Martyn!
Photo of Lewis Broadbent

Lewis Broadbent

• 70 Points
Hi Martyn, any chance you could take a screenshot of your setup? with fake details. I've tried with the port number on the outbound proxy only but still no luck on my end. I'd really appreciate it.
Photo of Phillip Reynolds

Phillip Reynolds

Anyone here had luck using WireCast as a virtual webcam in OS 10.14?
Photo of Garrett Cottle

Garrett Cottle

• 62 Points
Any chance the Panasonic KX-UTG300B phones can be provisioned to work with RC?