Add the ability to adjust volume for hold music & greetings.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Hold Music: Add more hold music options

Customers are complaining that the hold music is too loud. How do we adjust the volume? We are using softphones.
Photo of Bonni

Bonni

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bonnie, what hold music do you have selected?

I am not aware of specific volume adjustments for the person calling in.

But let us know what once you have selected

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer

ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Bonni

Bonni

We have selected "classical" as our hold music.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Humm,, I was hoping you were going to say you uploaded custom music then I could say let's adjust the volume of the recording.

I use the classical a lot in my installs and have never heard of the calling customers say the hold music was to loud.

I will ask on of the L3 engineers if there is some sort of volume control on the account. I have never seen one but we will look in to this.

Has anyone else experienced the Hold music to loud?

Could you try another one to see if it to is loud.

Let us know. I will update this once I hear back from my engineer

thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Kyle

Kyle

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
yes - I am getting the same complaints and we have been live for just a week or so!! You have to allow us to control the volume! No doubt about it....we need that control or the system is no good to us. Can't have customers complaining and no way to fix it; except dropping Ring Central. We don't want that - and you don't want that.
Photo of Kyle

Kyle

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
yes - I am getting the same complaints and we have been live for just a week or so!! You have to allow us to control the volume! No doubt about it....we need that control or the system is no good to us. Can't have customers complaining and no way to fix it; except dropping Ring Central. We don't want that - and you don't want that.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Hi Kyle, which hold music are you using. I have not gotten this complaint and I have many many customers using this.

Please let us know the one you are using

Thanks

Chuck
Certified Ring Central installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I haven't heard of this either. Custom recordings - greetings, hold music, what have you - can sound distorted if they weren't recorded in the correct format (Linear PCM 8-bit mono, for the record). Our system-provided greeting/hold music options should come through at a normal volume, though. Is it possible that people who call you have their phone volume turned way up?
(Edited)
Photo of Christina Delurski

Christina Delurski

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also getting the same complaints. I've tried changing through the different music choices you offer, but when I lower the volume slider and save, it just goes back to being loud, it won't save my volume change. I don't want to change it to "no music" because some of our patients will think I've just hung up on them. Please don't reply with " I haven't heard any complaints" or "What music are you using". Thank you. :-)
Photo of Bonni

Bonni

I'm sure they'll tell you they've never heard of this problem. Just like they told me and anyone else who has reported it.
Photo of Robbie Hoggard

Robbie Hoggard

• 78 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Did their techs ever solve the loud/distorted music? I have tried the different genres and it's distorted.

I have decided to turn off the music. Silence is better. (Golden sometimes!)
(Edited)
Photo of David Field

David Field

• 70 Points
Getting the same problem....I want to see if they reply that they never heard this before......wow.....that's an amazing response.

David Field - Ringcentral customer.
Photo of Admin@BMBLLC

Admin@BMBLLC

• 1,064 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Was there a solution to this issue? Was it a certain hold music that was softer than the others? We are using Desk Phones.
(Edited)
Photo of Jay

Jay

• 924 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
New user here experiencing the same issue. Hold music is loud to the point of distortion. We're using "acoustic" but all genres seem to have the same problem.
Photo of Scott Reep

Scott Reep

• 62 Points

I am having the same problem,  The outgoing "reggae" music is too loud for people placed on hold or during transfer.  I am using the Ringcentral pre-recorded music.  Why can't ring central provide another version called "Raggae soft"  that has less volume??

I have had many customers complain about the volume of our hold and transfer music.  It should be adjustable or Ring Central should provide some lower volume preset music.  How hard can that be?

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HI everyone.  I've changed this thread to an "idea" topic. Feel free to click the "Like" button at the top to show your interest. 

Mike 
Photo of David Field

David Field

• 70 Points
I don't "LIKE" the idea.   Why don't we stay on topic - can we lower the volume on the hold music or give us control to do so......Why can't you guys solve any problems like this one (I've got other's also like frequent ghost callers).   I'm about to go to 8x8.
Photo of Admin@BMBLLC

Admin@BMBLLC

• 1,064 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hey David,

When you say Ghost Callers are these Calls that come in and then hang up as soon as you answer? 

If so, I have this problem as well....I'll jump on your posted problem too if that is it. 
Joanna 
Photo of Tony Salaza

Tony Salaza, Employee

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
'Just clicked "Like" to show interest on this idea.

An RC client would like to know if it would be possible to have a volume slider so that end users can manage both system-generated and custom hold music.

'Hope this gets considered. Some really find the hold music too loud and if maybe that could be lowered down to four levels. 
(Edited)
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adjusting the volume of custom hold music.

I attached a custom hold music piece to department> call handling>audio while connecting.
Clients are stating that the custom music is too loud.
When it was rendered, it was rendered at a normalized decibel level.
Uploaded as 16 bit pcm .wav at 8khz mono.
Anyone know how to reduce the playback volume on the RingCentral side?
Photo of Michelle Kim

Michelle Kim

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled greeting Volume.

Please allow me to adjust the volume on my greeting = It is soo loud my professional greeting is distorted.
Photo of Jheck Taruc

Jheck Taruc

• 668 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add the Ability to control the volume for all greetings.
Photo of Trisha

Trisha

• 1,970 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Same problem, customers complaining our Hold music is too loud, we've tried all the RC-supplied music, currently using Reggae, but none are any lower in volume, all seem too loud.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.