How can I change the default conference line number to the new 267.930.4000 version?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
When I create a conference call, the old number (605) 562-3185 is still getting inserted, and it's not working for some of our clients.  How can I update this so that the new number 
267.930.4000 is used?
Photo of Kevin Bridges

Kevin Bridges

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,000 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
RingCentral has 2 different ways to Conference Call.  

One ways is through RingCentral Conference Calling and the second is through RingCental Meetings.  Both of the numbers you listed are correct, but for different products. 

(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Bridges

Kevin Bridges

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick response.  I should have been more clear.  When we set up a meeting with a dial in number, the (605) 562-3185 is communicated, but that number doesn't work for some of our clients.  They get a fast busy signal.  We were told to start using the 267.930.4000 number going forward, but we don't know how to get the system to automatically send that out.  It keeps communicating the old/broken number.  Following up with clients and telling them to ignore the number in the meeting is not ideal.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 42,776 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To clairfy....the *4000 number is ONLY for RingCentral Conference Calling. If you are using RingCentral Meetings, then the 605 number is correct.  

Start by check to make sure the callers are dialing the correct number for the correct conference product. (Many confuse our 2 products and it's a simple solution of isolating the correct product with the correct number/call).  :-) 

If some users are unable to call it, then I suggest opening a webcase and providing support with call samples (within 24 hours): Date, Time, Called To, Called From, and Result. 
(Edited)