How can I get my Outlook calendar to sync with Glip?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
I want to get my Outlook calendar to sync with Glip, so that Glip will automatically set my availability based on meetings I have in my Outlook calendar.
Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Cloksin,

Simply have this setting up and it should work!

Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

This did not work.  All this did is give me a "my Calendar" and a teams calendar.  There is nothing jumping out at me to actually connect to my Outlook calendar.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What options do you have under the Calendar section?
Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

Calendar Connections - manage your calendar connections to Office 365 and Google.

When I click on the manage button I get two options, office 365 calendar and google calendar.  If I click on the connect button I get a black window with a spinning circle and text that says please wait.  It does this for about 5 minutes and then tells me it could not connect.

It never asks me for credentials to actually access a calendar, so there is no way it will ever connect to anything.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hmmmm....something wonky going on there. I didn't have any issues. I'd suggest chatting with Tech Support so they can look into why it's not pulling your Office 365 account up
(Edited)
Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

After talking to my sales rep, it looks like this is a beta feature, and not available to the general public yet.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Cloksin, this is now available for everyone :) Sorry about that, I think the release got pushed back a few days or something
Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

I am on version 19.9.1 (E. 2.0.14) Build 1144 (rev. d1c83ca) and the edit button next to meeting settings does nothing, and when I click manage next to calendar connections it just says please wait and spins, then says the calendar failed to be connected.  Exactly the same way before I updated the app.

Photo of Ted Jaffe

Ted Jaffe, Official Rep

• 2,936 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi All!  Ability to sync Outlook Office 365 calendar with the app is now officially released on the desktop and web app.  Just click on the "Meet" page in the bottom left navigation and set up your calendar.  The presence will sync automatically.

PS: We also support Google Calendar too! :)

Best always,
Ted
(Edited)
Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

This is still not working

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Cloksin, I synced up with the Glip Support Team who has created a case for you and will contact you soon :)
Photo of Cloksin

Cloksin

It is working today, and I haven't done anything different
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Glad it's working!