How can I re-assign one of my users VVX410 phones (who only uses his softphone now) to another user

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
How can I re-assign one of my users VVX410 phones (who only uses his softphone now)  to another user.  Both users are still active users, however one now prefers to only use his softphone and mobile app and the other user really wants a desk phone.  I'd like to transfer a desk phone to a new user and not delete any users. 
Photo of Christe Foster

Christe Foster

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,450 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can do that within the portal or you can call support for assistance.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

via the portal; you'll need to set up the new user, then go into devices and move the phone to the new user, then assign the new TN to the device, then re-assign the the original TN (that was on the phone originally) to the original user.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

Keep in mind, if both users are going to have/use their softphone, they both need to have a DL and will be charged accordingly.
(Edited)
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 15,368 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  Just create the new user first and reassign the phone handset and the DID (if you give them direct inward dial numbers) to the new user. Assigning the phone to a new user in PHONES AND DEVICES will not delete the old user.  Then, the old user will still have access to their Extension and Desktop App as a softphone user only.
(Edited)