How can I see if another user is on the phone with the Polycom VVX 201?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
There is myself and 1 other user and we are both Admin for the system. I'd like to see when she is on the phone and vise versa. Is there a way to do this? I'm not so much interested in being able to pick up her line, I'd just like to know when she's on the phone since she is in the next room and I don't say something to her while she is on a call. - Thanks for any help in advance.
Photo of Texan

Texan

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 2,066 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I think the VVX 201 supports Presence.  You could also use the RingCentral Phone application on your desktop and set up Favorites or the HUD to show that information there.  Note that HUD on the desktop app will update Presence buttons on the phone.
Photo of Texan

Texan

Thank you. Looking for article on how to set up HUD on the desktop app but I must be missing it. Can you point me to the procedure to do this?
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You need to download the softphone - https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/desktop-apps/overview.html

Then once you have downloaded it/logged in, you can access HUD.
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

Note that there are a few additional articles linked within the one I posted on enabling and setting up HUD, docking/undocking, etc.
Photo of Texan

Texan

Thanks to everyone! I didn't know there was a desktop app, I've just been using the web log in. That takes care of my problem.

Thanks again!
Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I use the desktop app as suggested with HUD.