How can I view faxes that I've sent 3 or more months ago?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: KB exists

I don't send many faxes, but I need to be able to review them at a later date.  I have faxes from 3 months ago that I need to confirm what was sent because it apparently wasn't received.  I can see in the call log that I sent something to a fax, but cannot retrieve what was actually sent.
Photo of Josh Murtha

Josh Murtha

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,042 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Josh,

Did you send the faxes via the webportal, through the softphone, or through a physical fax machine? 

Also, where are you currently viewing your faxes?
Photo of Josh Murtha

Josh Murtha

I used the web portal for both sending and viewing my faxes.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,032 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Josh,

Are you the admin on the account or a Standard user?
Photo of Josh Murtha

Josh Murtha

I'm the only one on the account.  I'm on the RingCentral Fax 750 service plan.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hello Josh,

Thank you for that information. After you've sent out a fax the fax will be in the Outbox until it is received by the recipient. Once it has been received, the fax will be viewable in the Sent folder for 30 days. At that point it is automatically deleted. I would suggest that once the fax has been moved over to your Sent folder (under the Messages tab) to save it to your computer or a cloud-based drive. It's good practice for any company, especially if you need to view it at a later time.

Here are some articles that go over faxing and viewing your faxes as well:
https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/How-to-send-faxes-using-FaxOut
https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/Checking-incoming-messages-in-my-RingC...
Photo of Francesca

Francesca

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The question, which is mine also, has still not been answered.
Despite the fact that the program is set up to delete faxes after 30 days in the Sent folder, is there any way to access and view faxes that were sent out 3 months or more prior?
Photo of Francesca

Francesca

The question is still not answered.
Fact: Sent faxes are deleted after 30 days in the Sent folder
Fact: There is technology to retrieve "deleted" data
Question: Can one still access faxes that were sent prior to 30 days? Can Ring Central give me access to that technology?
Photo of Francesca

Francesca

I am not looking for solutions or suggestions for future use.
I am looking for a response to my query which has to do with past use. Let's focus on that.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Sorry but no, we do not have the ability or access to this type of technology.
(Edited)
Photo of WELLS

WELLS

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I don't believe this
Photo of Francesca

Francesca

I admit I agree
Photo of Hercules Law Group

Hercules Law Group

Agreed.  There used to be a way to view sent faxes (including automated cover page & date stamped header).  I know this because I had to use them as confirmations when I had to prove that a document was sent on a specific date.  Now, I cannot find any other method than to have the generic confirmation page email, that only shows the name of the file, and no way of retrieving the info that was on the cover page. 
Photo of Steven Sparkman

Steven Sparkman

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What ever motivated the removal of the ability to view/print the content of sent faxes? This is completely unacceptable. A complete record of communications is essential. This is a reason to look for alternative providers.
Photo of Francesca

Francesca

I agree.
I would also like to see the Cover page on the Sent faxes that are currently <30 days old.
(Edited)
Photo of Bioscrip AR

Bioscrip AR

• 60 Points
We are using ring central most of the time on a daily basis. Some of them are not received by the receiver. Now when I'm not able to view all other fax for April month. Its just showing May months fax.
(Edited)
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Official Response
Hello,

There are Account and Data Retention for Faxes, Voicemails, Call Recordings, etc. After the time frame listed in the article, the information will be automatically deleted. This is why it is good practice to save this information yourself using a tool such as RingCentral Archiver. That way you ensure you have proper backup of all faxes sent.
(Edited)
Photo of Franklin Olmo, MD

Franklin Olmo, MD

Wow!  That is really bad!  I don't know any technology service that you would pay for that would permanently delete your documents after 30 days!!  At a minimum, they could send a reminder to save them off somewhere else.  No one would assume they disappear, or that they should ask if they disappear.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hi Franklin, as a business it is always best practice to save copies of faxes, etc. in multiple places. RingCentral has thousands of customers (and growing) and many of those companies have thousands of employees. We simply cannot permanently house every account's documents. I would suggest using something like RC Archiver  or your own storage system.
Photo of Clark Dickenscheidt

Clark Dickenscheidt

that is a cop out.  Ring Central's cost has been continually rising but for me, not providing any more service.  The one thing I liked was being able to retrieve a sent fax when needed.  I don't send very many but normally when I need to see what was sent it is more than 30 days old.  I am just now discovering this issue and will begin searching for a new virtual fax provider.  I cannot even locate the fax I sent yesterday because the interface wants to do so many other things except fax!
Photo of Chester Rhines

Chester Rhines

• 60 Points
I agree. I am searching for old faxes sent in 2018 and they are no where to be found. When we first joined Ring Central There was a way to retrieve old faxes. I still have the old email that was sent showing how to do this from them directly. And today I am trying to reconcile some old billing for a client and have nothing to go on as to what I did in fact send and they received or what was not sent. This is not good. I did not even receive a message saying this option was being removed. 
Photo of Nann Lang

Nann Lang

Me too! I need to retrieve a sent fax but cannot find a place to do so.  Used to be able to do this.  I will start searching for new company. 

As business grows, more services should be available to customers not the opposite.  This the problem with corporate greed.  They think that now they have more customers and loosing one would be ok.  Have a nice day ring central. 
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 3,244 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
In the web portal I only see faxes for the last 30 days, but if I log into RingCentral Phone I am seeing faxes all the way back to February. 
Photo of MCCLELLAND

MCCLELLAND

• 498 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I can't even find faxes sent in the last 30 days!  Help!  Where is this?????
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hi MCCLELLAND,

Are you still having issues?
Photo of SUNDERLAND

SUNDERLAND

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Has anyone tried any other online fax services that are similar to RingCentral but allow you to see faxes you have sent in the past? 

In my profession (financial advisor) date and retain all important documents in case we would ever need to present the material to a court.  If I ever presented just an email confirmation that a fax was sent without being able to present the verified content of the fax the opposing attorney would have a field day.
(Edited)
Photo of Josh Murtha

Josh Murtha

You can send the fax via email and save the email in a "Sent Fax" folder.
Photo of Sancia Matthyssen

Sancia Matthyssen

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
RingCentral needs to fix the whole fax feature.  Finding the button to send is hidden, viewing sent faxes - can't do this anymore.  If you don't want to store customer faxes, then create an automated feature than generates a PDF for the customer to download at the same time they send a fax. 
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Sancia, you should still be able to see your sent faxes. Where are you looking?
Photo of MCCLELLAND

MCCLELLAND

• 498 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Great suggestion!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.