Would like to print out SMS text messages
Photo of Wendy Archer

Wendy Archer

• 1,140 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Janna Carr

Janna Carr

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to see SMS logs.

Ability to see in Admin dashboard, logs of all sms sent and received with all extensions. 
Photo of Darnell Wallace

Darnell Wallace

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to view SMS log.

Ability to view SMS log

Photo of John Morrissey

John Morrissey

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm guessing at this request has been out there for 2 years the likely hood of it ever getting completed is low?
Photo of Becky Nabors

Becky Nabors

• 780 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That's my thoughts too :-(
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,266 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey John and Becky. Currently, this request is on the Product Team's radar. However, there's no ETA at this time. When there is, I'll update this thread :)
Photo of John Morrissey

John Morrissey

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We track Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and we promote more phone calls go customers instead of text messages without this type of reporting there's no way to track this.  

Also the inability to retrieve messages via the web portal is disappointing as with call queues users need to log out of the app and into the queue extension directly so need that ability also which has been promised by the end of this year but we'll also see if that will happen.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Time to act.  Now Google has a new cloud service competing with RC; so does MSFT.

This is a simple feature, about 30 min of programmer time to add 3 lines of code to include text messages in log files. 

Also Archiver does NOT archive text messages  account-wide contrary to some posts here.  Ringcentral Archiver will only archive recordings account-wide if set by account admin. Only backups text messages for individual extension. Why?  

Admin needs to login to 50 extensions and change each one individually?  Is that an enterprise-level functionality?
Should be able to enable account-wide policy as an account admin - might take 1 hour of a decent programmer time to implement. Just copy and paste the code for recordings and change variable names to SMS, Fax, etc. 

Photo of Todd Horton

Todd Horton

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled track text messages.

Such as number of texts send/received, and time to respond, etc.

Our business communicates with a large number of clients on a daily basis through phone, text, and email. 

We regularly analyze our phone call data, such as length of call, time to answer, how many times one customer called, missed calls, etc. We use texting almost as much as phone calls, so we need to see similar data about our text messaging. 

The benefits of such a feature to me seem obvious, that we will be able to track our progress as a business and to see places where we need to improve. Its very important to see the data of how the support team is communicating as a whole to our customers.

Photo of Bob Fritz

Bob Fritz

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This has been a pretty long thread so I may have missed it. There certainly appears to be a business case to support this feature. If we could hear from RingCentral about why this feature/report is not available that would at least help me understand RC is acknowledging this thread. Ignoring can suggest they're not concerned with this need.

• 62,266 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Bob, I followed up with our Product Team on this. It's in their backlog and part of their long-term roadmap. However, there's no solid ETA right now. When that changes, I'll update this thread :)
Photo of Marco Tassara

Marco Tassara

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Saadet,
I've been somewhat hopeful there was a legitimate reason for this apparent miss. Your response confirms my fears.
Thank you for being the first to respond in years.
Photo of Todd Horton

Todd Horton

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are going to look into switching our services if this feature is not added, we pay enough and this feature should have been added from the get go.  Common sense!!  Maybe someone from RC will respond.  
Photo of Chad Bennett

Chad Bennett

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Report Tracking for RingCentral Texting.

Our recruitment firm utilizes the RingCentral Desktop & Phone App continuously for texting applicants and clients. If this feature was available to include on a "report" it would be a very, very useful tool for tracking and managing our workflow and ROI.
Photo of Khalid Alali

Khalid Alali

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We really need this feature as well.
Photo of OnCallAnswer

OnCallAnswer

• 2,060 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Been asking for this for years. Old technology that can't be implemented as we approach 2020
Photo of William Piver

William Piver

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I find out how many text messages I sent or received for a particular mon....

Real Estate
Photo of Kylie Chappell

Kylie Chappell

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS/Text Messages.

Is there a performance report available for SMS/Text Messages?  Looking for a metric that will show amount of messages being sent out and responses rcvd for a group of users. 
Photo of Linda Bauk

Linda Bauk

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled report on after hours text messages (who/when).

We, too, would like to print a report on SMS text messages.  I see that this was presented 3 years ago.  Is there any progress on this feature?

• 65,146 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Linda, this is still on our Product Team's radar but has not been slotted with any release date. I'll share updates on this thread as they become available
Photo of Janna Carr

Janna Carr

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Its amazing we don't have feature.  The impact it could have on my business would be huge, from a Quality Control standpoint.