User Settings: forward to an extension

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Call Handling: forward one extension to another

When a call comes into my extension I need it to simultaneously ring another extension as well as my cell phone and desk phone. I can't use the queue because call flip from cell phone feature doesn't work in the queue. I don't see a way to add the extension in my extension under Call Handling and Forwarding. The extension that I need to add does not have a number tied to it because it's only answered by a softphone on the computer.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of wanderer

wanderer

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
hi mark, connect your number to an extension and under that extension you can add up to 10 numbers that will ring simultaneously
Photo of Mark

Mark

I need to add another extension to the call forwarding so that it rings someone else as well.
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I called support yesterday and they informed me that RingCentral recently removed the feature to add an extension to Call Handling & Forwarding. The alternative option is to add call queues, which doesn't exactly help, I am waiting for this feature to be added back please.
Photo of Mark

Mark

I was told the same thing today. I remember when we used to be able to add extensions before they completely changed their system. It doesn't make sense that they would take out a feature that they spent time programming into their system. The only thing I can think is that this makes them more money. The work around that I can think of is to purchase IP phones then buy another number from them and then add that IP phone to the Call Handling and Forwarding but I need at least 4 more IP phones so at $25 per IP phone per month times 4 plus 4 more numbers and then you gotta buy 4 more phones so it's another $400-$600 for 4 phones plus my monthly increases another $120 per month on top of what I've been paying. After being with Ringcentral for 7 years I'm now forced to look at other companies to see if I can find a solution to this problem. The main reason I need this solution is so my agents can warm transfer calls from their cell phones and be able to log themselves on and off the system so that their cell phones only get business calls when they want to. I tried using the queue but the system doesn't allow you to warm transfer queue calls from a cell phone even though you can warm transfer queue calls from an ip phone.
Photo of Lisa

Lisa

• 158 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't think of one reason why they would remove that feature. Their support told me that many people have complained about its disappearance and they might bring the feature back. Not sure if it was before or after they removed the feature, but I was recommended to add an extension soft phone with a phone number and to add that extension to the Call Handling and Forwarding, which is still costing me money every month and it is useless since the feature is not available anymore. I'm really hoping they bring it back, otherwise, I too will have to find another phone provider who has that feature.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,708 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone.  I've changed this post from a question topic to an "Idea" topic. Please click the "like" button at the top to show your support for adding this feature. 

Mike 
Photo of LimoMan

LimoMan

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Adding this feature back would help solve the problem that I'm trying to figure out!!!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,698 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your post. I agree.  Please click the "like" button above to show your interest in this if you have not done so. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.