Desktop App: disable the "Enter" button from answering a call

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
when having multiple screens and the phone rings while you are typing and hit the "Enter" on your keyboard. This answers the call without you knowing.  I need to be able to disable this function so that I am not answering the phone and not knowing that someone is on the line and they just sit on the other line.
Photo of Rebekah Longenecker

Rebekah Longenecker

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of John Younggreen

John Younggreen

• 318 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
A more unique shortcut for answering is needed. The pop up box with "bring to foreground" and then an enter keystroke seems to be the only quick answer configuration. Very disruptive when the "bring to foreground" call appearance removes the user from the application they were working in (email, typing notes in CRM, entering a credit card payment etc), and makes the soft phone the active application on the desktop. Users continue to type away only to realize nothing is happening since the keystrokes are now being entered into the phone application. And very often with bad timing they hit enter just when a call comes in and unknowingly answer a call.  
Photo of SamuraiSam

SamuraiSam

• 656 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
John Youngreen you have nailed one of the exact problems that I experienced dozens of times. As a customer support agent I spend a huge amount of my work day answering support tickets in a web browser. I use all the keys of the keyboard including the Enter key, and only have phone calls come in occasionally. Having the application come in with a pop up window taking top priority with a first ring just as you are hitting Enter means you've accidentally answered a call.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,914 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please LIKE in the upper right corner to request this feature.
Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,130 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The latest versions of the desktop app is coming with this feature... take a look: