User Settings: Disable date/time at the beginning of every voice message

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

I'd like to just listen to my voice messages without the administrative delay of listening to the date, time and phone number before I get to the part I need - the message.  Is there a setting to just playback voice messages without having to wait for this to be read out?  Alternatively is there a way to have these sequenced put these items at the end of the message?
Photo of KCT

KCT

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Robert Stoeber

Robert Stoeber, Champion

• 1,748 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes, other systems offer an option like "press 3 to listen to the message envelope," but I would prefer if it was moved to follow the actual message so we can just delete without wasting time in most cases.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,204 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I am going to change this Question topic to an Idea topic.  Anyone else interested in this please click the "like" link to voice your opinion.

Thanks

Mike 
Photo of eneuro

eneuro

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled calls do not go to voicemail, intermittent issue.

Hello,

We have about 10 users in our business, some in the office, and some at remote locations.  For the past month or so, callers are complaining that they do not reach the voicemail for the extensions.  But are instead sent back to the main office greeting.  I'll be more specific below.

1. customer calls and hears the main office greeting

2. customer dials the extension he/she wants.

3. customer is transferred to the extension, (not sure if they hear the hold music or not, nor how long they wait until being transferred to the main greeting)

4. the customer is back at the main office greeting, unable to leave a voicemail...

The crazy thing is that this occurs intermittently and not always.  Other times customers are able to reach the voicemail for the extension and leave a message.  This occurs to several extension, not just one or two extensions.

RingCentral says everything is okay...

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know the cause of it?  I believe this has to do with RingCentral and not on my end.  Since voicemail function is handled at RingCentral end...  But I'm not sure.

Thank you in advance for you help!  
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,622 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Merged into wrong topic in error.,

Please reference the new conversation here: Calls do not go to voicemail.
(Edited)
Photo of KCT

KCT

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Listen to the message first, then the date time and number..

Is it possible to listen to the message without having to waste time first listening to the phone number and when the message was left?  The system would be more effective if it defaulted to just playing the message, with either an option to listen to the date and number at the end, or to press a key to get the message envelope.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.