How do I have two lines that can be answered at one phone (Polycom vvx311)

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
I have a user that has a direct line but also monitors the group sales line. Is it possible for her to answer both lines on her Polycom vvx311. I have set up a group for Group Sales but I cannot figure out how to assign a phone number to it. This is probably simple but I just cannot figure it out.
Photo of mlwhall

mlwhall

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated.

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 26,904 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Calls delivered from a call queue to a phone are separate than a call coming directly to the number.  If I understand what you are saying you want both calls from the queue and directly from the phone to ring the polycom correct?  If that is the case then just add her user to the call queue and calls will be delivered there.

Nothing left to do here

Thanks

Chuck
Photo of mlwhall

mlwhall

How do I link a phone number to a queue? If people call a Group Sales number how does it link to the queue that I set up?

In other words, how does (707) 555-1212 link to ext/queue 555 . would just then put her in the queue.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

yes, just put the user in the call queue  Test that out.  it should work
Photo of mlwhall

mlwhall

I guess I am not just getting it or something. How do I link a number to call queue? Right now, the call queue is just an extension. I have a specific number that I want to go to the call queue.
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

Add it as a direct number in the call queue config
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 39,460 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello mlwhall,

To add a phone number that you already have on your account to a call queue follow these steps:
1) Go to Phones and Numbers
2) Find the phone number
3) Select Assign to Ext

4) Select the Call Queue Extension and hit Save