How do I install my Avaya J179 deskphone on my RingCentral account?

• Question
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • Answered
I want to upgrade to an Avaya J179 I have?  How do I do that? https://www.avaya.com/en/documents/fs-j179-ip-phone-uc8095en.pdf
Photo of Ronnie LaNasa

Ronnie LaNasa

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Mary Rose

Mary Rose, Official Rep

• 1,618 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ronnie! 

That phone is currently not supported by RingCentral. You can manually try to provision it as an “Other Phone” in the web portal. Click here to learn how to add your phone to the system. 

Just so you're aware, if it successfully provisions, the phone may not get all RingCentral Functions since it is an unsupported phone.
Photo of Jake

Jake

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
LOL with Avaya and Ringcentral's new partnership, Avaya is marketing their phones as compatible with RingCentral but clearly RC does not yet know how to operationalize this partnership. @Ronnie, I'd give it a few more months before you can instantly provision J series to RC. RC needs to set up provisioning server and Avaya probably is making software updates to the J series to increase compatibility. Hopefully the RC team starts being looped into this process at the ground level soon.
Photo of Jake K

Jake K

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I stand corrected! Just noticed the J719 is now showing up in the device setup wizard with auto provisioning support.