Fax: How to view my Fax in RingCentral?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic.

How to View Fax in RingCentral? It changed, before you could click and view the fax, now there is no option for view fax, there is a "download" but it only downloads 'Call Log (XLS)', or 'Recorded Calls (mp3)' There is no option to view fax. How do I view fax?
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Regina

Regina

• 2,750 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Rumor has it this capability will be restored someday.  We really like that feature and will not let our agents upgrade to the new softphone until this, the "Edit Cover Page" and "Resubmit" options are once again available.
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well there is no point in having a fax feature if you can't view your faxes.  I know it sends the fax to e-mail, but if I need to go back and look at a fax and I've deleted the e-mail I can't view it anymore. It was very simple, then ringcentral had to change things that were working just fine. May be time to find another service.
Photo of Regina

Regina

• 2,750 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Yep.  We can't even use email, as it does not comply with our security requirements.  But we'll just keep plugging away with the old soft phone since there is not advantage to the
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
  1. You can view sent faxes by logging into your account and clicking:  Messages and then the open icon.
  2. You can also view faxes from the Desktop App

If you don't see the Messages tab, then click the orange box at the top and toggle from Admin to My Extension

Mike

(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Keaton

Kevin Keaton

• 62 Points
Thanks, that helped. You have to click on "My Extension" first as it was on "Admin Portal" at the very top center and the only option under there was call log.  Most like me just select the options across the top for example on Admin Portal its "Phone System, Reports, Call Log, Billing and tools."  It would help if there wasn't multiple things like that to avoid confusion.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I view incoming fax???.

I received a fax and have no clue how to view it.  A previous post said to log in and go to messages.  I can't find any Messages section. I can see it on the Call Log - how do you view the fax?
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Chris, If you are logged in as an Admin, you'll first need to click Users, then the extension, and then you'll see a link on the right for Messages and Notifications, after clicking Messages and notifications, you'll see View Messages

Also, if you install RingCentral Desktop, then you can also do it right from the Softphone.  There's a small icon that looks like an envelope. When you click it it takes you to your messages and faxes. 
(Edited)
There is no View Messages when I do this, has this changed in past 7 months and there is another way to access?

Thank you!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

HI Michelle, the feature is still there.  Are you logged in as the Admin? 
I am - I am new to Ring Central (transferred our #'s from eFax) - any help you can give is GREATLY appreciated. I'm sure it is not as hard to maneuver through the site as I am making it...
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

This page shows how you can check your faxes: Checking your Voicemail, Faxes, and Sent Items through the RingCentral Online Account

Sent faxes are only viewable through the online portal.  However received faxes can bee seen with the Mobile app or RingCentral Desktop. 
(Edited)
Photo of Shafeeq Sadiq

Shafeeq Sadiq

• 70 Points

When I first signed up for the service it was through extremefax.  They had a desktop that showed sent and received faxes.  Unfortunately, I "upgraded" to the Ringcentral desktop and lost the feature.  Is there any way I can go back to the older, more superior, desktop?

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

It sounds like you were using the Legacy Softphone, which is being retired and no longer supported. The only way to view sent faxes at this time is through the online portal. We've had a lot of requests for the ability to view sent faxes through the new RC Desktop app, but there's no ETA if, or when it will get developed. 

Mike 
Photo of Jeff Ryan

Jeff Ryan

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mike it is seems obvious that your customers are managing their (sent) faxes (and messages in general) using your desktop app. Being able to view the complete fax from that app has significance in most offices workflow.

Our office have used your desktop interface for years. NONE of our users manage their extension from the online account page. My guess is that those that use the desktop app do not utilize the online interface on a day to day basis.

Add the fact that the fax preview feature USED TO BE included in your desktop application and it doubles the frustration. NOW we learn that the legacy desktop app is causing problems while trying to fax out and being told to migrate to the current version. My office is resisting this "upgrade" even with the outgoing fax problem because of this preview feature.

With ALL of the features you have ADDED to the desktop app, WHY would the company REMOVE a feature (and not added it back in for many months) that is desired by your user base and has significant usefulness?

Wanna be a hero to your customer base? Push the company to announce an ETA on this feature! ;)
Photo of Jerry Holder

Jerry Holder

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is nuts.  Just signed up for this service, sent a test fax, see it in the messages list and have no idea or method to view it.  I read these notes and nothing here sounds like what I have --a simple fax service.  I'm logged on to the web interface, presumably as the account administrator.
Am I suppose to download something or what?  wow, what a struggle.  I can't even figure out which User Guide to read!

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Jerry Holder, 

This page shows some more detailed instructions for viewing sent faxes.
Viewing Sent Items in my RingCentral account
(Edited)
Photo of Cecily  R Bornemann

Cecily R Bornemann

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New feature request.

To be able to see what I've sent in the RingCentral for Desktop, such as what I've sent and to whom, like we used to in the legacy Softphone.
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff Ryan

Jeff Ryan

"This is nuts" is right. Why not have the ability to "preview" a fax before sending it? On the previous version of Softphone software there was an "Edit" button that would allow a preview and print of the fax prior to sending. (See attached image)

This is very important to our workflow as we need to capture what was sent to the client at the point of creating the fax. In our procedure, the fax is "printed" to the client file for archiving at the time it is created.

Having to log in to the RingCentral admin and pull that image up after waiting to have it show up in the online interface is cumbersome, too many steps.

Why can't the preview and print be included in an "upgraded" version of your software?

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Jeff, are you wanting to see a preview of the entire fax? or just the cover page?  The latest version (7.1 at this time), does have a preview for the cover page, but it won't display a preview of the entire fax. If you are wanting a preview of the entire fax before it's sent, then you may want to submit that as an idea/feature request. How do I submit a request for a new Idea or Feature?
Photo of Jeff Ryan

Jeff Ryan

Hi Mike,

Sincere thanks for your quick response.

We are wanting to be able to view the entire fax, just like you are to be able to do with the previous Softphone Desktop Application. I have version 5.16.xx on my laptop (which I used to create the image from above) and that version has the capability built in.

Though this post has the heading "How to View Fax in Ring Central" I will create a new post under an "Idea" to add this feature put back in.

Sorry if this post comes off cynical, but there are numerous posts in this community that point to the "Edit" or preview feature's use. I don't understand how upgrades would choose to take features away from customers who utilize them.

Here is the New Post requesting this previously offered functionality: 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Jeff,  

Thanks for posting the new feature request.  The new RC Desktop was released knowing that we still need to add more features. It's not our intent to remove features and not replace them with something equal or better. It will take  some significant time to further develop the new RC Desktop to where it has enough features and functionality.  There are no immediate plans to retire the Legacy version as long as it has features that some users view as critical.  We appreciate your comments and our Product Team is working diligently to provide greater functionality to the new system. 
Photo of dwfoth

dwfoth

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can you view a sent fax?.

I have to prove that I not only sent a fax (which I can already do) but also prove what was contained in the fax. Is it possible to view a fax that was sent?
(Edited)
Photo of ANGELA SHOPPER

ANGELA SHOPPER

• 72 Points
i'm online - looking for the fax - i can see it in the reports page - 

when i go to messages there is only a few days or something in there - i need to go back to may to pull up the fax .... 

is this possible/
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,158 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you go to Messages > Inbox, you should see all of them there, unless they've been deleted or purged due to storage limits.

Message Storage and Account Data Retention
Photo of ANGELA SHOPPER

ANGELA SHOPPER

• 72 Points
1.  it was an outgoing fax with a coversheet that had the contact info on it
2.  I do not see a way to change the dates and only a short period of time is shown on the screen - 
(Edited)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,158 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The Outbox is indeed temporary.  Try clicking Sent Items and see if it shows up.

Or, you can also open the Desktop app and go to Messages > Fax and filter to show sent items.

Photo of Robb Gusic

Robb Gusic

• 74 Points
I see the last post for this string was 3 months ago, however, has there been any changes to add the ability to preview an entire fax (cover page & pages) before sending it?  On the online site or on some type of softphone you download to your computer?  Maybe I'm crazy but I like to review all pages I am faxing to ensure they look OK BEFORE I fax them out.  Thx in advance for replies.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Robb,  Sorry but I don't have anything new to share regarding the preview. However, there's a related feature request on the following page you can comment and vote on.  
Fax: Add Preview & Edit option prior to sending fax in Desktop App
Photo of Steve Witter

Steve Witter

• 60 Points
Mike - My issue is that I need to confirm that a particular fax was successful, especially when multiple differnt faxes sent to the same number.

Yesterday I sent two long faxes to the same number. On the admin porta1, the call log shows just the number sent and that it was a fax. One fax showed as success, the other did not. I needed to resend the one that failed. There is nothing in the call log to distinguish which was which. The email confirmation on the other hand has the file name of the attachment/fax, so I could distinguish which one was successful and resend the failed one.
I do not need ring central (or even want ring central) to store our faxes. They are stored with email records just fine... **If** there is a file name attached to the call log on the admin portal and in the mobile app, not just in the email confirmation, then this would be a simple task. This would not cause a storage burden on ringcentral, just pulling a field that is already stored in the call activity database.
Photo of Katie Lavin

Katie Lavin

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I see there is a fax in the call log but I cant find it anywhere!!! Not in messages (shows only voice).  Why is this so complicated???
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Katie,

I would suggest contacting support so we can assist you in real time.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 37,416 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Katie,

You do not indicate in your message whether you are the Super Admin nor how many lines/users you have in your system. The following may help you.

Check to see which Direct Dial line (DDL)/extension the fax was sent to when you are in the call log. If you are an admin you might be looking at the call log for all extensions but if the fax was sent to a DDL other than yours, it will show up for that person/extension in their messages.

For example, if you are the Super Admin and use extension 102 for a DDL of 555-1212 and another member of your staff is using extension 103 for a DDL of 555-1213, you would find the fax under messages for x103.
Photo of Joanne Dow

Joanne Dow

• 60 Points
how do I retrieve a fax from my log
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joanne,

You can view received faxes via your Online Portal, the Desktop App, and the Mobile App. Let me know if any of these help you!
Photo of Maureen Nash

Maureen Nash

• 60 Points
I can no longer send a fax, view a fax or do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is horrible
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 9,446 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maureen, 

Can you confirm some more details? Is this occurring in the  Online Portal, the Desktop App, or the Mobile App? When was the last time you were able to send, view, or receive a fax? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.