Allow approved bluetooth headsets to answer calls using the Softphone or mobile app.

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Provide support for wireless headsets and bluetooth devices.

I would like to be able to answer calls on either the Ringcentral app or the softphone with my bluetooth headset. Is this possible? If it is not, when will it be? Many other VOIP companies have the ability to do this.
Photo of amy

amy

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ross

Ross

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I don't see anything that allows you to set button function
Photo of Patrick Baldwin

Patrick Baldwin

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You can get a key logger and find out what key sequence that it is sending  make sure that you get one that captures control Char.  . 
Photo of Ross

Ross

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You had me at hello :) but lost me with this one, I think this is now above my tech expertise
Photo of Shawn Todd Olson

Shawn Todd Olson

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've been monitoring this thread for a year now and still no progress??  I finally registered to voice my support.  We shouldn't have to beg a VOIP service provider to support common headset features which many of us that use their product demand. 
Photo of Derrik Buschatz

Derrik Buschatz

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I haven't tried the hot key band-aid fix yet, anyone else here try that besides the original poster(s) and have found success?  I have to learn the hot key thing first.  I tried to do it but realized I had to download some software for my wired headset and haven't done it yet.  If it works I will buy the $100 wireless headset and give it a try.  Would be much better if this function were just part of the program as it should be.  I would like Ring Central to maybe explain to us why it is not happening.  Is this harder to do than we think, or are you just putting this request on the backburner for whatever reason?
Photo of Richard Campbell

Richard Campbell

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I use a Plantronics USB CS50 which is not bluetooth, I think it is RF.  Much better range and clarity.  The button on the earpiece will answer and hang up Skype calls but will not work with my new Ring Central soft phone.  This is a major issue for me as I move around my office a good bit away from my desk.
Photo of Derrik Buschatz

Derrik Buschatz

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Join the club of frustrated users either tied to their desk or condemned to running back to it when the phone rings (if they hear it).
Photo of Mark Thompson

Mark Thompson

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am considering the new Plantronics Voyager Legend UC. What a great headset! Awsome voice recognition commands. Switch from your desktop to your i-phone. No hardware on your desk. Just the headset & Ring Central Soft-phone. The problem is RingCentral has such a limited group of headsets that they recommend (read support). They are all very mediocer products. I love Ring Central, but hate the supported headsets. Plantronics will work. You just have to run it manually by clicking on the soft-phone on your computer. Plantronics has a list of 10-15 phone vendors that support their headsets. Ring Central is not one of them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.