How can i view a log of incoming calls received by our 800 number?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have a related question on this subject, please post a new topic. Thank you The RingCentral C

Our 800 usage is unusually high this month.
I would like to view the details of calls that we have received on/through our 800 number.
Where can i view/download this?
Photo of Jake Foley

Jake Foley

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,790 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jake, all of the information is in the activity log.

What ever extension the main number is forwarded to is the one you want to report on. Or just look at all extensions.

Or download to excel and sort and filter to get the information you are looking for

I hope this helps

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,790 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jake, all of the information is in the activity log.

What ever extension the main number is forwarded to is the one you want to report on. Or just look at all extensions.

Or download to excel and sort and filter to get the information you are looking for

I hope this helps

Chuck
Certified Ring Central Installer
ckfuscone@yahoo.com
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Chuck is correct - log in to your account and click the Activity Log tab. Then click Detailed near the top of the log to open up more viewing options. You can change the date range for the records you want to see - once you've done this, click the Download button to download an .xls of your activity log. Then, as Chuck suggests, you can sort the resulting spreadsheet by phone number to see all the calls that hit your 800 number.
Photo of Jake Foley

Jake Foley

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Chuck and Ben,

Thank you.

While our 800 line doesn't appear as an "Extension", if I type our 800.xxx.xxxx number into "Phone Number" and click "Show", Activity-Log will show just the calls to the toll free line.

Effectively creating an "incoming" call log to the 800 number.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the tip, Jake!
Photo of Ty Dwyer

Ty Dwyer

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I go into call log, it lets me search by extension, but does not allow me to....

When I go into call log, it lets me search by extension, but does not allow me to see calls coming from main phone line, how do I see main phone line call log only?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Ty,  See the comment from Jake above. If you enter the phone number you can view a log from just that number. In addition, if you click the "Advanced Features" link you can check/uncheck inbound and outbound calls depending on what you wish to view.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.